• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

2016 Z06 marked down

85vette

Heard a commercial on the radio today if anyone is interested, Cass-Burch Chevrolet in Quitman, Ga. is discounting a 2016 Z06 $16,000!

Heard rumors of some people being disappointed with some sort of heat soak problems with the supercharger. :shrug01:

Ah, interesting read. But still, heat does appear to be a problem, at least enough that the GM engineers would take steps to pull timing to choose engine protection over performance. So apparently the performance can be fixed with a good tune, but the backside to that is that if the GM engineers are correct, and reliability will suffer, repairs will be on your dime since you just voided the drivetrain warranty.

So are the GM engineers just being overly cautious or is there a real danger of causing premature failures by bypassing their programmed-in safeguards? :shrug01:

I guess I've just never been real comfortable being the first on the block to buy anything new that GM puts on the showroom floor. Best to let all the first wave buyers get the REAL beta testing done, I think... Then buy after GM has fixed those design problems.

I'm sure GM thinks of that as their "insurance policy", much like torque management. You know when they put that kind of horsepower in a car and warranty it, it has to have some parameters to prevent catastrophic failure. :hair_on_fire:

Back