• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Pump charges before fuel flows

98 softtail

Bug Killer
The thread about the gas pumps shutting off at a certain dollar limit got me thinking... Yes I now have a headache but you folks are worth the pain.

Have you ever noticed this while pumping your gas? You are standing there, pump handle in hand, you have inserted your card or prepayed and you are ready to start the fuel flowing into your tank, you pull on the lever and you watch the numbers on the pump start to fly. The only problem is the dollars and the gallons are increasing but for the first couple of seconds you don't feel any fuel flowing through the pump handle, then there it is, you can feel the gas flowing into your car. So my question is, eventhough it's only 30 or
40 cents before the fuel starts to flow, do we think that this is fair? Now not every stations pumps do this, the Hess near my house does not and that is why I try to buy my gas from here, but I have got gas from other stations that this is the case. They are inspected and have to start on 0.00 but I don't know if they inspect for this particular occurance.

The next time you are getting gas check to see if the gas starts flowing the same time the dollars start flowing.

Joe B.

Oh sure..... It would REALLY surprise me to learn about yet another way I'm getting screwed......... Thanks a lot............. :rolleyes:

pump

Yep!
This just happened to us last Sunday on 60 just before Brandon...pump jumped to 26 cents.
I'm going to e-mail Mr.Brogan.

Yep...

I've noticed it b4 as well. But I never gave it much thought though.
I will now, and frequent the honest places from this day forward!:thumbsup:

I'm sure they are screwing us every way they can

I just came back from the station & I payed very close attention to the pump
I was charged .09 before i started to pump fuel
It felt like that small amount of fuel was needed to pressureize the 15 feet or so of fuel line from the bottom of the pump to the nozzle??
isn't 9 cents like 3 ounces of fuel

Back