• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Free shipping at Eckler's

Rich Z

Internet Sanitation Engineer
Staff member
Just got a notice that Eckler's is offering free UPS ground shipping on all orders over $199 from 6/06 thru 6/18. Could be handy if you have been holding off buying something HEAVY because of the shipping expense..... :)

I don't buy from Ecklers much anymore. Course I haven't bought much of anything except the headers lately. Another thing I don't like is having to pay sales tax. Order from out of state and you don't have to pay. I really do shop around now and look for the best prices. If Ecklers is the cheapest, even with the sales tax, I'll get it from them.

I do use the supporting vendors from Z06Vette.com though.

Well one benefit I have found by buying from Ecklers is that the UPS ground shipping is the same as using overnight priority. Which helps if I am in a hurry to get something. But yeah, sales tax is a consideration when you have to tack shipping on top of that as well.

I've heard a lot of complaints over at the "other Corvette" Forum that Ecklers seems to be out of stock of a lot of stuff and won't commit to any kind of a shipping date.

I generally use CorvetteCentral, I've had GREAT luck with what I've got from them....

Plus they are helping sponsor my Poker Run...:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Formula Outlaw said:
I've heard a lot of complaints over at the "other Corvette" Forum that Ecklers seems to be out of stock of a lot of stuff and won't commit to any kind of a shipping date.

I generally use CorvetteCentral, I've had GREAT luck with what I've got from them....

Plus they are helping sponsor my Poker Run...:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I went to the Ecklers Reunion in October of last year. While there, I purchased stainless Z06 sill covers. They were on backorder. I called once a month and they just gave me a new date that they were supposed to come in. Finally after 5 months I got tired of them being on back order, so I canceled the transaction and ordered them from somewhere else. Any guesses what I got in the mail from Ecklers the following week? I still have them in the box, never opened. They won't pay the shipping to mail them back. So they can wait until I have the time to send them back (the cheapest way possible).

MADN3SS said:
I went to the Ecklers Reunion in October of last year. While there, I purchased stainless Z06 sill covers. They were on backorder. I called once a month and they just gave me a new date that they were supposed to come in. Finally after 5 months I got tired of them being on back order, so I canceled the transaction and ordered them from somewhere else. Any guesses what I got in the mail from Ecklers the following week? I still have them in the box, never opened. They won't pay the shipping to mail them back. So they can wait until I have the time to send them back (the cheapest way possible).

Well I have ordered from them several times and never had a problem. No backorders and the stuff showed up in a timely fashion.

Formula Outlaw said:
That's cause you be important.....:D :D

:lmao: Not in my lifetime. Being saddled with a last name ending in "Z" has always put me at the back of the line......... :lmao:

I have never had a problem with them. They have always treated me well. That tax problem thing will only get worse in the future as Big Brother looks deeper into on-line sales.

Once when I was there for a part no longer produced, they gave me the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three local used Corvette parts vendors. Within an hour I had what I needed and was on my way home. I thought that was very cool IMHO.

Have a great 4th!

http://www.mycarframes.com

Back