• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Asking someone to leave your house

Jake_Dragon

That Guy
Lets say someone came over to your house. They were fine but after a disagreement you asked the person to leave.
If they refuse to leave what are my options?
What if they are not threatening just wont leave?
I know I can call the cops but do I really have to wait 30 minutes for the police to show up before I physically put this person out of my house?

Just asking its never came up but I have had weirder things happen.

Yeah, I've wondered about this myself. If you physically try to remove someone, then quite likely YOU would be charged with assault.

Or heck, even if someone grabs something from your front lawn and runs off with it. Can you legally stop them with FORCE to keep them from escaping with your property?

I believe in shooting first then asking all of the above...

If it comes to killing someone I will know :)

I just want to know what my options are if someone wont leave my house.
I have had to ask salesmen to leave my carport before and I normally just stare them down. But sooner or later I know some nut case will not back down and I want to know my options.

Call 911. Tell them you just shot an intruder. They'll get there WAY before 30 minutes have elapsed.... If the guy overhears that conversation, he may get the idea he is now living on borrowed time and skedaddle. If the police ask you about the call, tell them it was a premonition that you were hoping wouldn't come true....

Back