• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

C6 Caliper paint?

88vert

What do you think about painting the calipers on a C6 ? And what colors would you use? I have a Victory red and thinking about painting the calipers red! What is your opinion, leave them original, paint them red, or paint them black?

Yes! But I don't want to take them off the car. I was going to get caliper paint and do them on the car! I know that is not as good, and wont last as long but I don't put a lot of miles on it!

I have a Monterrey Red car and painted the calipers the same color. I would think that yours would look great painting the same color of your car. I did paint the brackets black however as a contrast to the red calipers. The calipers were removed, cleaned really really well and then 3 coats of high temp paint followed by a clear coat. It took several hours and I had Auto XTC do it. The total price was in the 300's including labor. I would highly suggest removing your calipers for better application of the paint, especially with multiple coats. Almost 18 months now and still looks new. :thumbsup:
PS: The corvette lettering on the front calipers can be enhanced by using a razor blade after the paint dries.

What do you think about painting the calipers on a C6 ? And what colors would you use? I have a Victory red and thinking about painting the calipers red! What is your opinion, leave them original, paint them red, or paint them black?

I did this for one of my customers who was weary at first not thinking the paint would match up , he has the 50th anniversary red ...I told him to trust me and he did and HE LOVES IT!!! The paint is the exact same color as his car , everywhere he goes he gets someone asking about them.

They look awesome!! I attached a pic, but of course its better in person.

Attachments

• CALIPERS.jpg
    CALIPERS.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 156
Nice pics from what I could see! Now I have a question, powdercoat or paint? As I said I don't drive it much, so I think paint would be fine! Or do I take it to a shop and have them remove all 4 and powder coat them and be done with it?

Nice pics from what I could see! Now I have a question, powdercoat or paint? As I said I don't drive it much, so I think paint would be fine! Or do I take it to a shop and have them remove all 4 and powder coat them and be done with it?

I guess the answer is what do you want. If you take your time and do it right, painting them on your car can produce very nice results. However, if you mess it up, then you will have to get someone to fix your screwup, usually at an additional cost.

If you are thinking about doing it yourself, make sure this is something you feel confident to do.

I would raise the car and do all four wheels at the same time. It will take all day so be prepaired.

Have fun,

Joe B.

Auto XTC is in Pinellas Park. Larry French is the owner. John Wilson is their awesome corvette tech. Number is 727-573-1292. Thier shop is so clean, you can eat off the floor. No kidding!!! Tell em Mark from Bradenton sent you. Good luck. :thumbsup:

Mark
Did they paint yours or powdercoat them? You said it took them about 3 hours to do the job correct? I geuss I could make an appointment and wait on it if it was just 3 hours! Thanks!

They were painted with three coats and then a clear coat over that. I think I was there about 6 hours because we had to let the paint dry in between coats. It went by pretty fast though and John is a hoot to talk to. Give them a call and he can let you know how long it'll take. :thumbsup:
ps: I would also ask them the price too because it's been well over a year since I had it done.

Thanks will do !! My in-laws, or in this case out-laws live in Palm Harbor I could get them to come pick me up!

I used the dupicolor kit and painted to match LMB cost a whopping $19.
Over a year now and 20,000 miles still look good.

Back