• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Tall Valve Cover Clearance

rbryce1

68 Custom Shark
I am in the middle of a body-off restore, and I need some help from those of you that have assembled cars.

Problem: I need to go to higher than stock valve covers to clear my roller rocker arms, and I am looking at Edelbrocks aluminum tall valve covers. I have a 68 with standard brakes and a 350 engine. I want to go to power brakes which requires a different brake line from the master cylinder to the rear wheels than the one without power brakes, due to the depth of the booster between the master cylinder and the firewall, and this line can only be installed while the body is off. Once the body goes back on, the line that is in dictates the brake system I use.

The question is, is there enough clearance for removing the tall valve cover with the power brake booster installed?

I believe there is, but I would really like to be sure.

These 2 don't have a problem
sm3r09.jpg

link to an article

two different scenarios.

Back