• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

radio blues

1988-c4-phil

My 1988 C4 I just aquired had a 50 watt Sony aftermarket radio in it that did not work. I removed the radio and checked it out and found the fault was the radio. I purchased a 52 watt Sony so that i could use the same plug that was installed (supposedly professional). My question is why are there several in line power resistors? Do i need them? I noticed that after just a few minutes of the radio being on, the back of it got quite warm! is that normal?

My first thought is to bench test the radio on some other speakers i have hooked up to a spare battery and see if i still have the same heat problem.
I will attach a couple of pics to show the resistors in this thread.

I have the annoying ~wheel rub~ sound that I belive is my rear end asking for lubrication.
I keep reading about AMSIOL, and GOLDMAX (I think), what is my best option to add? I am thinking of draining and replacing, and if I do what lubes come with posi-lube allready mixed.
sorry for re-hashing an old subject, but us newbies with short memories get confused real fast!!
thank you

Phil

wiring1.jpg

Back