• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Installation Manual

Lou G

Hello everyone. Need a little help.
Anyone knows where I could purchase a 2006 Vette Installation Manual? :shrug01:
I am thinking of taking the headers off to get them coated.
Would love to have a step by step de-installation and installation process.
Thanks

Go to <www.helminc.com> They are the source for the factory shop manuals. I have one for each of the corvettes I have owned over the year's.:dancer01:

You might also check out E-Bay. I got the original dealership service manual for my '93 for around $50.00.

SteveK said:
You might also check out E-Bay. I got the original dealership service manual for my '93 for around $50.00.
Thanks Steve. I'll check E-Bay. The manual goes for $135. Maybe I can do a little better.

exhaust manifold coating

The manifolds on current LS2 motors are made of cast iron and flow poorly you might be better off looking at long tube ceremac coated headders they flow much better. Good Luck Mike

06c6corvette said:
The manifolds on current LS2 motors are made of cast iron and flow poorly you might be better off looking at long tube ceremac coated headders they flow much better. Good Luck Mike

I have not found a manual for sale on Ebay and much rather spend money on the headers than on an installation book.

I googled long tube headers and found the following article from Vette magazine. http://www.vetteweb.com/tech/0501vet_long_tube_headers/
No need to buy an installation manual. No matter what I get, I can use this article to help me install.
Thanks Mike

installiation of headders

Hi Lou,
Money well spent for the long tube headders,answer to your question you do not have to change the cats or the h pipe BUT-- if you are going to spend the cash for the headders than go the rest of the way with high flow cats X pipe and your choise of exhaust my preference is Corsa.when all is said and done you will be happy with the performance and the great V8 sound.
One thing to expect with the mods is getting a performance tune to nock out any check engine light and a crisper throttle responce.:dancer01:

Good luck hope to meet at the Ecklers show.
Mike:dancer01:

Back