• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Illegal

Suicide King

Do any of you know if it's illegal to have a nitrous kit in your car in Florida?

Can a cop pull you over if he looked in the back window and saw a nitrous bottle?

I truly don’t know :shrug01:

Suicide King said:
Do any of you know if it's illegal to have a nitrous kit in your car in Florida?

Can a cop pull you over if he looked in the back window and saw a nitrous bottle?

I truly don’t know :shrug01:

Since Florida doesn't do emmisions testing, and this kind of modification could only be illegal in the context of emissions, I'd have to say "no".

There are no laws that legislate against added Horsepower.

Now, if the bottle was attached to a breathing mask for the Driver, maybe...

Based upon this, I'd have to say no...

"...This subsection does not apply to the possession and use of nitrous oxide as part of the care and treatment of a disease or injury by a practitioner licensed under chapter 458, chapter 459, chapter 464, chapter 466, or chapter 474; as a food-processing propellant; as a semiconductor oxidizer; as an analytical chemistry oxidizer in atomic absorption spectrometry; in the production of chemicals used to inflate airbags; as an oxidizer for chemical production, combustion, or jet propulsion; or as a motor vehicle induction additive when mixed with sulphur dioxide.

Some places have laws against nitrous kits per se, based on the notion that having a pressurized tank in your car is dangerous. I've not heard of anywhere in Florida that has such a law.

We get involved only if the possessor is under 18 years of age. It is used against the driver in trial where a crash has occurred and there is serious injury or death.

Hey Larry:wavey: :welcome:

Glad you made it over.

Happy holidays my friend

:icon_cheers: :icon_cheers: :icon_cheers:(but not while driving)

Stay safe:thumbsup:

Gordon

Back