• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Top install on the 87

Shadow

I bought a hart top to replace my glass top on the 87. The top is from an 86 (purchased from a member on another forum).

Had the presence of mind to have him send me all the mounting hardware (missing a piece or 2 but no biggie). Good thing too becasue the 87 & 86 are DIFFERENT!!!!!

So here's the problem.

I get the top to seat, but there's no way to tighten down the front bolts!? There's no hole where the screw is located.

The only way I can see to fix this (temproarily) is to remove the interior header panel that goes across the top of the front window, tighten the mofo down then reinstall the panel

Fawk that!

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

BTW, I'm drivingt to Melbourne tomorrow, spending the night and then headed to Vero Beach (EG's shop) for Michaels memorial. If anyone in the area and wants to get to gether tomorrow afternoon/evening give me a shout.

Gordon

Back