The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 12-15-2009, 06:22 AM   #51
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someoneyoushouldknow View Post

Hopefully that works I don't know how to quote and break up.
It worked just fine Liz. That's one of the easier ways to handle it

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2009, 06:53 AM   #52
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Or you can do it like this (use the "multi-Quote" function next to the "QUOTE" tab)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Gang, this thread is a serious issue. Please refrain from the off topic chatter within it. Hate to be a wet banket, but I think some focus is called for here.
Thanks....

Quote:
He had the money since March. My check was written as of March 15th. I understand being busy why do you think it took me this long to go down there. I still don't know all the details of why my engine is blown, Lord knows I wish I did.

I'm sorry you think there are holes in my story or that it doesn't make sense. I believed him when he said he was working on it. I listened to the excuses which ranged from personal to professional. I was told in July it would be a "couple of weeks" I was told Nov 2nd a "couple of days". We've been friends for 6 years or so, and not just casual friends either, the kind that actually do things for each other. We've always taken care of each other before. I didn't think he'd lie to me about working on it.

Yes, my circumstances changed to need my car back but it should have been done long ago.

I've been trying to keep it from this point I gave him two weeks to respond to me to tell me what was going on before I went down there. It broke my heart to see my car sitting there. I was hoping all along that my other friends were wrong. The only thing that's even gotten his attention was me posting on here.
Liz, when it sat from July through November (if I read the time line correctly?) why not do something then? Friends or not, if I take my car to a shop and need it worked on, unless I'm really not in a hurry, I want it done in less than 9-10 months. Hell, you can rebuild a car in that time from the ground up!

Quote:
Well, personally I think that both Chris and yourself need to just sit down together and work this out. Put it on paper, if necessary, so there is no mistake about what is expected. I don't know the details, but it is unfortunate to see a friendship shattered, no matter what the reasons.
Apparently that happened....

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrememotorsports View Post
Liz,
I have told you this and I will tell you again. I am sorry you think of me as a terrible person. We have been friends for a loonngg time and this of all things would have been the last thing I would have wanted to happen to our friendship.
I have spoken with you and also we have txd back and forth although I do admit me being a one-two man shop it is hard to get a hold of me at all times. We are trying to fix that!
I am not going to get on this site and have a bitch fest with you it will lead nowhere.

Now when you were at my shop Friday we discussed a solution to this problem, you showed me a blank contract you had written up. I told you we would get it filled out sit down come to an agreement and get it taken care. You emailed me late Friday night I didnt get home from the shop til 2am it was suppose to be way earlier but that did not happen.

Then on Sunday you start this... point is I thought Friday we had come to an agreement and we were gonna get together and put it in writing to satisfy BOTH parties because originally we had nothing in writing because this was all being done on the side to help you NOT for profit.
You guys need to sit down with an independent mediator and hammer this thing out! It's apparent from both sides that, for whatever reason, work schedules, lives, distance, whatever? you two can't seem to get it worked out on your own

Quote:
Chris you aren't a terrible person, what you did was terrible. I don't want to bitch back and forth either, but it would have been weeks before you ever responded and you know that. At least it opened a line of communication.

In a twisted kind of way it makes me laugh because I've been getting screwed in front of my friends for months but the second it happens in front of yours... it makes a difference. The male ego is a fragile thing.
Kind of kinky...

Seriously though, if you're an attorney as Rich implies below, wouldn't you have seen the light way before now?

Drop car off....promise completion time... weeks/months pass...no car/no progress/no communication....more time passes, more promises as to completion date....still no car/no progress/no communications?

How hard do you need to be hit?

Friends or otherwise, my first question is simple:

Why, after the first several months of no activity, no progress on the car and no communications, didn't you just go get your car?

Hell! A wrecker tow to another shop is cheaper than leaving the car abandoned and undriveable while you pay insurance don't you think?

If you have cancelled checks for the original work (performed or not) then there should be no justification for a mechanic's lien on the car, and no reason you couldn't just go get it back

If he's doing the work for FREE as implied in Chris' statement above, then I can understand a bit more of a delay.

As a business owner, I have to place paying the bills ahead of the freebies (and I do a LOT of "freebies.")

Even with that, I can't let them wait forever. It's either get them done or tell them I can't handle them at the time being

But if it was going to be handled, then it needed to be either get it done, let me pay you to get it done (which your earlier post implied you did) or go retrieve yor car and go elsewhere.

Quote:
Liz, I'm sorry but for someone who claims to have a law degree hanging on your wall, do you really think it is legally advisable to admit on a public forum that the purpose of your posting on this forum is to "screw" Chris?

Do you really think that post helps matters between you two, or is that not really your intent at all here?
I partially disagree here. I don't think that was what Liz was saying.

While I wasn't all that impressed with the arrogant little gender bashing snip regarding the "fragile male ego" I do have some thoughts on the overall statement.

First, I think the whole thing should have remained between the two of them and not on a privately owned yet public forum.

That said, and we're still not getting all of the story (and we may never), based on her post it seems possibly that this has been going on elsewhere for a while?
Her comment about being "screwed in front of her friends" make me wonder...how? Liz, could you or would you, elaborate?

If this was truly a private issue, please tell us "how" you were being "screwed in front of your friends"? (seriously please).

IMO, her comment was not so much an admission of "intent" as it was a commentary on how things (specifically responses), changed in her perception. Nothing wrong with that and certainly nothing that would cause her problems in civil court.

At least this has gone from an ambiguous bitch thread to more specifics. Now it actually belongs here and hopefully, all sides will be able to reach a reasonable and friendly solution.

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2009, 09:03 AM   #53
gsdave
engineer

Name :
gsdave is on a distinguished road

My advice would be to get your $$$ back and take the car elsewhere. Even if it costs more in the long run, at least you'll get the car back in a realistic time frame.
gsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2009, 12:33 PM   #54
MRS. XTREME

Name :
MRS. XTREME is on a distinguished road

She did txt me once..I got a hold of Chris and he said he would call her...did he? I dont know...I do know alot has happened this past year and he doesn't keep me up to date with EVERYTHING because he doesn't want to stress me with timelines etc.no matter how much I ask him to keep me informed. I have not had the best of health or luck not that any of that matters.
But your right Ms A ,I am cool as S&^%... J/K J/K
I agree 10 months is a long time.... Liz knows what happened, Chris knows what happened, I kinda know what happened..whos right, who's wrong who the heck knows....
I do know there are 2 sides to every story not saying either one of them is right or wrong, and I do know we considered Liz as one of our close friends or we wouldn't have loaded up late that night and went and got her when her car broke down, brought her home and then trailered her car to the shop for her to save her $...nor would Chris have just recently put brakes on and tuned her Trailblazer before it got hit....

sucky situation and sucky way to lose a friend !
and sorry I dont have all the answers, wish I did
MRS. XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2009, 01:05 PM   #55
Someoneyoushouldknow
victim #1

Name : Elizabeth Kelly
Someoneyoushouldknow has disabled reputation

Actually Keli, since you bring up Chris working on the TB, he did a tune up and a gasket. He was contacted several times prior to working on it that I needed to take it in to get a gasket fixed, to please finish my car so I could have the dealership do it. Chris was the one who said he'd do it and took my truck then charged me to do so, I also contacted him afterward with an issue after the tune up which I finally got resolved by taking it to Big 10 tires where they fixed the 2qts of missing tranny fluid. I let Chris no this imediately, and no response. He never touched my brakes at all. Also no he did not call me when I texted you, also he still have not emailed the requested info from Friday evening.
Someoneyoushouldknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2009, 01:15 PM   #56
Someoneyoushouldknow
victim #1

Also forgot to mention that I paid for the tune up even though Chris owed me money for advertising at a charity event
Unread 12-15-2009, 01:43 PM   #57
MRS. XTREME

Name :
MRS. XTREME is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Actually Keli, since you bring up Chris working on the TB, he did a tune up and a gasket. He was contacted several times prior to working on it that I needed to take it in to get a gasket fixed, to please finish my car so I could have the dealership do it. Chris was the one who said he'd do it and took my truck then charged me to do so, I also contacted him afterward with an issue after the tune up which I finally got resolved by taking it to Big 10 tires where they fixed the 2qts of missing tranny fluid. I let Chris no this imediately, and no response. He never touched my brakes at all. Also no he did not call me when I texted you, also he still have not emailed the requested info from Friday evening.
No you got brakes and a dyno tune....nothing to do with a gasket and nothing to do with a tune up...thats exactly what the receipt that you declined to take when you were at my house states. I did indeed print it out for you but you said you didn't need it.

Now as far as the trans fluid being low brakes and a dyno tune has nothing to do with that. NO FLUIDS were touched or changed, you did not get a TUNE UP like the old days you got a DYNO TUNE he reprogrammed the computer in your truck.
I have the CC notes stating it was done Friday July 31st @ 5:29PM, ( I thought it was later in the night but thats what the CC receipt staes)and in the notes section which can NOT be changed after you submit payment, it states TUNE AND BRAKES.
I was with him when he bought the brake pads he bought performance pads because of the horse trailers you would be hauling and he used one of our friends lifts here in Tallahassee who owns a business on the West side to do them to keep from driving out to the shop on no brakes.

I do have that invoice and I will send it to you..As far as anything else I dont THINK there was anything else done that we have a receipt for. But I will check again.
MRS. XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2009, 02:16 PM   #58
Someoneyoushouldknow
victim #1

He told me that he fixed the code and fluids. It was there because of the code, it would make no sense for him not to fix that? None of this makes sense.My mistake on the brakes, I stand corrected and I'm sorry that I said that. See saying you're sorry is easy.
Unread 12-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #59
Someoneyoushouldknow
victim #1

Everytime my friends had to drive me some where it would be something like this

"Don't you have a second car?" -Friend
"yeah, it's in the shop too" -Me
"Still???"-Friend
"yep."-Me
"that guy is screwing you"- Friend
"and not in the good way" -Me

I wrote it as a mini-play to both entertain and inform. I didn't mean it as a sign of intent I meant it as a statement of opinion on the situation. While I am far from a male basher sometimes a little kick to the ego is needed. I too call it like I see it.
Unread 12-15-2009, 02:32 PM   #60
Someoneyoushouldknow
victim #1

As for not taking it (the receipt) with me it was because he said I'd have my car back in a couple of weeks. I figured it was going to be the end of this very long ridiculous story. I would have never needed it, if he'd just done what he said he was going to do. I love you both as people and that makes this really hard. If he just hadn't lied so many times I would believe him now when he says he is going to make it right.