• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Hello from Fort Lauderdale

enzo5150

New to Corvette and this forum. Just picked up a 2003 Silver Z06 with 37,000 miles. I really like it so far. It's totally stock as far as I can see. I'm not sure if it's been tuned already. I use HPTuners and scanned the ECM yesterday, but I don't know what a stock tune file looks like on this car. Does anyone here use HPTuners and if so, could you email me a copy of a stock '03 Z06 tune file?

Thanks in advance,

Larry Cline

Warped5150@gmail.com

you can go to hptuners.com and log in. then go to the tune repository to find a stock tune.

Welcome to the site! :welcome:

You could probably analyze the tune in your car and look for certain signatures of a likely modified tune. Things like torque control turned off, cooling fan temps changed, etc. I used to use HPtuners, but switched to EFIlive. Unfortunately the original stock tune to my C5Z is long gone in the transition over the years.

As for mechanically being stock, yeah, it can be hard to say. Seems that some people will return a drivetrain to stock configuration before selling it. But normally we are only talking about very minor mods, and probably not something indicative of the engine being abused. The LS6 is a pretty robust engine, it seems, so even with some spirited driving in it's past, it should still be fine.

First thing I would do is to change out all the fluids. That will give you a baseline of knowing that at least all of that is fresh as of now.

Back