• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Political phone calls...

Rich Z

Internet Sanitation Engineer
Staff member
I'm getting REAL tired of getting politically based phone calls several times a day. And mostly all recorded messages. I thought recorded messages were illegal? Of course, the politicians probably exempted themselves from such a law. :toetap05:

I guess getting an unlisted number would be difficult when it's also a business phone, but how about the "do not call" registry?

I'm getting REAL tired of getting politically based phone calls several times a day. And mostly all recorded messages. I thought recorded messages were illegal? Of course, the politicians probably exempted themselves from such a law. :toetap05:

Rich, Correct political calls were exempted. I get 4 or 5 a day on my office phone. Then when I get in in the morning there are 2 more. What a pain.

The phone calls as well as most of the politicians make me sick. Of course they exempted themselves.

If I get a spam political phone call, then that person doesn't get my vote!! Hmmm, that's everyone in the political arena!! Might as well stay home on election day then. :rofl1:

Yeah, I got a real live person today who asked me a question about my feelings towards John McCain. I told him, "McCain? Why the hell would I want to vote for that jackass?" :lmao:

I wonder how much the local voting districts sell the voter registration info for?

I even got one from Gov Charlie Crist today. Not in person, of course. And they wonder why people are reluctant to become registered voters. Don't we get enough spam in our diets?

I had 5 in my work voice mail this morning and received 6 through out the day. No telling how many tomorrow morning. Oh well, at least tomorrow is polling day and this junk will stop until October.

Back