• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Which Wax

C5Rick

I know this has been brought up a bazillion times but...
I'm thinking of changing car wax. I do not use a buffer, just elbow, well when it's healed anyway, power.
What wax do you use
What do you use on your dash
What do you use on stainless

Hey Rick, hope the arm is coming along!

Detailing products is almost as personal as boxers or briefs!:rofl1: Everyone has there own favorite and testimony. I used to be an avid Zaino guy because I loved the final result, but there were a few things I did not like about the application. I found Adam's products and got similar or better results and it is very easy to use.

So, to answer your question I use Adam's Buttery Wax (typically after I have used Adam's Revive Polish, if polishing is not required then just another coat of the Buttery Wax). On the dash I use Adam's VRT (Vinyl, Rubber and Tire) and on my stainless (primarily the '69) I use Adam's Metal Polish.

The Adam's products work well for me and Adam's is one of our sponsors. There are a number of our members that use the Flash products, who also is a sponsor, but I have never tried them.

Hope this helps.

Rich

I'm a ICE MAN!!! I use Turtle Wax Liquid ICE!! Clay Bar and Polish!! Quick,Easy and the Love bugs don't stick bad!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

CLICK!!

CLICK!!

Img198.jpg

Img201.jpg

:dancer01::dancer01::dancer01::dancer01:

I know this has been brought up a bazillion times but...
I'm thinking of changing car wax. I do not use a buffer, just elbow, well when it's healed anyway, power.
What wax do you use
What do you use on your dash
What do you use on stainless

We have a show on Sat. come down her Friday and I will let you wax my vette then your's, then you can decice which wax you like better.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

We have a show on Sat. come down her Friday and I will let you wax my vette then your's, then you can decice which wax you like better.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

He**, it was you that got me thinking about changing :shrug01:, besides, with one hand, I don't think one car would be done this weekend :lmao:

Well, I've tried different products over the years on my vehicles, and quite honestly, when push comes to shove, there really isn't all that dramatic of a difference between them. I have half filled bottles of all kinds of stuff in the work room. I've bee interested in finding something that would work more to what I think a nearly "perfect" coating should do. Basically a teflon like coating that doesn't allow anything to stick to it at all. Which would also NOT bead up water, which in my opinion, leads to water spotting problems that I would rather avoid. I think I found something that may do what I want -> http://www.autopolish.net/movies.asp. I'm going to get some of it to give it a try. I may wind up having yet another half filled bottle after all is said and done, but heck, I'm going to see what it does.....

Seems like Zaino works best for me, i tried Flash and Adams detail spray and they both leave a film that wont come off. Maybe Flash and Adams detail spray dont mix well with Zaino?

Seems like Zaino works best for me, i tried Flash and Adams detail spray and they both leave a film that wont come off. Maybe Flash and Adams detail spray dont mix well with Zaino?

:hmm:.. I switched from Zaino to Flash wax and didn't have any troubles.
As a matter of fact, I didn't even strip my Zaino products off before using the Flash Wax products.:D

Chas, I have not experienced Adam's detail spray leaving a film. When I switched over from Z to A, I did strip the Zaino off with a good detergent wash and then clayed the car before I laid down any Adam's stuff. Since then I have used the Adam's detail spray with no problems. In fact, since I had some left over Zaino spray, I have used that also with no issues. Not sure what the problem is that you are experiencing with Adams and Flash products.

If you are happy with Sal Zaino's line of products then stick with them. I was very happy with there results, I just did not like a couple elements of their application. I did not like having to mix the ZFX with the Z2 (I think those are the correct products that you had to mix) and then you had a very limited shelf life with that mixture. So, I always tried to mix just enough to do the car so I did not have to throw it away. Also, I did not like putting a coat down and letting it sit for a while before I could take it off. I like to start and just get it done. When I found Adam's stuff, I was able to get similar or better performance (my opinion) from Adam's without the couple of issues that I was not thrilled with Zaino.

There are a number of people on this site that rave about the Flash products and I have never heard any of them complain about that detail spray leaving a film. I am wondering whether it is an application problem or a compatibility issue? I also think that most of these products are very similar in performance and most people will stick by and promote whichever product they have become most familiar with.

Good luck with the Zaino!

You would'nt like my wax,It makes your vette "TOO SHINY":lmao::lmao::lmao:

Rob, since Venice, I have purchased "Extreme" Anti-Glare sunglasses.:hehehe:

After Ecklers, I started using "C-Magic". C-Magic is sold from Ecklers and on the C-Magic web site. This is a polymer and you can apply to the entire car before removal. To remove the wax, you use the Detail Wax spray. If you desire, a second coat can be applied within an hour.

With C-Magic I get the same deep look as I got with the previous product and bugs do not stick as bad.

Welllll...like Rich, I've tried a number of different products. Zaino, Blackfire, Turtle wax, NuFinish, Adams, etc. They all have good and bad points. In the end, I can't really say one is better than all the rest. Currently I'm using Adams and will probably stick with it until the next flip of the coin. It's honestly gonna come down to you trying stuff and seeing which you prefer. Good luck.

Heck, if I could find something to put on the front that would just keep lovebugs from sticking I would be happy. That's why I am looking for a brand that does not bead up water on it. I want the slipperiest nonstick surface I can get.

Heck, if I could find something to put on the front that would just keep lovebugs from sticking I would be happy. That's why I am looking for a brand that does not bead up water on it. I want the slipperiest nonstick surface I can get.

Me too. That's why I'm thinking of having my entire car coated with the same stuff that's on my frying pans at home. :rofl1: Then I won't have to take a grill with me when I go to a cook out.:D

Back