• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

horn blows all the time

buckeyejack

I'm searching for the location of the factory alarm . The horn blows all the time when I hook them up. Any Ideas to what the proplem is, please reply. Just got this 1981 L-81.
Oh yea, I'm new to the forum and can't find anything in the Search Engine.

buckeyejack said:
I'm searching for the location of the factory alarm . The horn blows all the time when I hook them up. Any Ideas to what the proplem is, please reply. Just got this 1981 L-81.
Oh yea, I'm new to the forum and can't find anything in the Search Engine.
Yeah buckeyejack, the forum is relatively new and it's questions like this one that will flush out our knowledge base and make us the place to come too for excellent information. Thanks for the post and keep your fingers crossed someone will happen along with an answer for you. :welcome: to the forum ............Tom:)

Heck, my knowledge about this is probably too ancient to be of much use. But in the "old" days, the only likely suspects were the button in the steering wheel itself, or the relay for the horns. A simple continuity check with power off usually zeroed in on the problem pretty quickly. Now, heck, I don't know. The PCM may only allow you to honk the horn if you are going more then 5 mph, the radio is turned off, both doors are closed, and anger is not detected in your facial expression.... :rolleyes:

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Back