• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Lunch

C5Rick

Checking to see if anyone would like to get together for lunch on June 9th
around 1:30 PM. Thinking of the Boiler Room in Bradenton. 98 softtail, mte.smiles and myself meet there awhile back and I thought the sandwiches where good :thumbsup: , except Joe forgot to order one.

Hey, I got there late, and besides, we were outside BS'n about our cars...!

June 9th sounds like as good a day as any to grab some lunch, I usually try to do that on a daily basis anyway.

Joe B.

Well.....maybe by then I'll have this damned hood open and the old 87 started again:ack2:

If so, that sounds like a nice ride over the skyway and down to bradenton, top off, breeze blowing...wait, who's breeze? Eh, anyway, why not......

Hi Rick, I'll be there. I'm glad you guys like my little hole in the wall place to eat. I'll see if Michael (lqblu) wants to come and tnen we can have our own corvette show in the parking lot.
Hey Shadow, Let us know if you need directions. The Boiler Room is on Manatee Ave. (Hwy 64 exit off I-75 and go West) around the 50th St. West area and adjacent to an Arby's on the North side of the Street.
see ya all there with your clean bug free vettes. Mark

Thanks, will do, but I'm pretty familiar with the area. Down there quite a bit:thumbsup:

Don't know about the bug free part though:rofl1:

Rick,
I like lunch, it's almost a daily thing with me, I will be there but I think after I go drive the cars down the strip at 100mph on Saturday. Maybe you guys should head over to B.M.P and give your daily drivers a good blowout, get all that carbon blown out of the engine. Then we could head over to the Boiler Room for a steak sandwich.

Joe B.

First Tim :welcome: . I thought you were already registered here. It will be good to see ya again.
Joe,
I'm too skired to go that fast. Also I'm having a Bow Tie painted on and suppose to pick the car up at noon on Sat. Are you bringing both Vettes? :dancer01:

There's a big parking lot at the Boiler Room and would like to see a few people stop by. :thumbsup:

i would love to come out but ive got a family emergency in new england and will be gone fri-sun. next time though. id like to meet some more good people with a common addiction. hopefully the weather will be better then last sat.

Rick, Well now that I have spent the last few days cleaning this car and trying to get it back to something like clean, I don't want to get it all nasty out at the track. So, yes we will be there on Saturday around 1:30, both cars. Looking foward to eating one of their philly's.

See ya all then,
Joe B.

Lookin forward to seeing all of you Saturday. First we eat and then we'll have burn out contest in the parking lot and then we'll all go get some new tires!!!!:crazy03: :crazy03:

Mark and everyone thanks for the invite but I cant get away this saturday I am up in Sanibel for the week vacationing and then we get back on Friday, and I have to many things to do to get caught up before Monday.

Make sure you get a Cheesesteak all the way they are the best!!!

Smokin the tires

mte.smiles said:
Lookin forward to seeing all of you Saturday. First we eat and then we'll have burn out contest in the parking lot and then we'll all go get some new tires!!!!:crazy03: :crazy03:

Mark, that's an idea...I have new tires ordered from Tire Rack so I could just smoke the last few miles off these. Rob would be proud...but alas i don't think that the folks at the boiler room would be OK with me burning off the tires.
Anyway, see you guys on saturday for lunch.

Joe B.

Thanks to all who made lunch today.

Tim & Cheryl : Zo6 and it is red
Joe & Deb, with their chaperone's : C5 Verts, Yellow & "a Clean" White
Mark : Expedition, I'll let him explain this
Me, Rick: C5 Pewter

Sorry Classy
My daughter borrowed my camera Thursday and I haven't seen it since. I was actually going to stop at Circuit City and by one for my wife ( dads day gift, I missed moms day), but I was running late for lunch so I just ordered one online. Anyhow that's my story.

Well I go out to the garage to start up Thor (07 MR vette convertible) and nothing happens. I actually got temporarily trapped in the car until I remembered where the manual release was. Given I was pressed for time, went to the Corvette luncheon in my Ford Expedition. I felt like a heretic but was glad to see Rick, Joe and Deb and their lovely kids, and meet Tim and Cheryl.
The Philly sandwiches were awesome as usual. Thanks Rick for setting up the time and place.
I had the Chevrolet Roadside assist come to my house and jumpstart Thor and off to Cox Chevrolet I went. The service manager was waiting for me and had his corvette tech ready for me and a new battery waiting as well and it was just a few minutes before closing time Saturday afternnon.
The battery actually checked out ok and apparently there was a drain from somewhere. At first they thought it was the radio transponder from the fob to the door but that was ok too. The battery charged up fine also.
Despite all that, they decided to put in a new battery and asked me to watch it closely. I was very impressed by the service, attention, and concern especially from a dealer. So hopefully I will be able to attend our next get-together in style!!!
I would like to suggest we meet at El Mocojetes in Palmetto on 301 just east of Haben Blvd. and on the North side of 301. The Mexican food is excellent and the parking lot is big. How about June 30 at 1 pm? Mark :wavey:

Glad everything is up and running. What a choice in restaurants. I believe they have covered parking and best of all, I can see my workplace from there. :thumbsup:

Thanks Rick, I think I'll start a new thread about the next lunch in case folks don't read this one. Mark

Back