• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Corvette-only drag-races @ Bradenton

USA-1

Next Saturday morning (9 June ) is a Corvette-only drag-race at Bradenton Motorsports Park:
this is the 4th scheduled race in the RevXtreme Corvette Challenge Series, which runs monthly at BMP, and places emphasis on driving-ability and smarts, rather-than bulk HP/TQ and cubic-dollars spent.

I'll be there, with my slowest-in-the-field 16-second '82 Cross-Fire, and I'll be glad to explain the basics of drag-racing to any Corvette-owner who'd like to try drag-racing against other like-minded enthusiasts:
I usually park my equipment behind the starting-line, so stop-by and ask questions.

HPIM2444-cropped750KB.jpg

Gates open at 9:00 AM, time-runs begin at 10:00 AM, with the First Round of racing beginning around noon:
I believe the entry-fees for competitors is $30, spectators enter for $10, and First Round losers can 'buy-back' into 2nd Round competition for an additional $20, or continue to make time-only runs after being eliminated.

OK all of us "wanna-be" racers, here it is again, the Corvette challange at Bradenton. I am going to try to get out there in time to run a few this Saturday. I was there last month and it looked like a good time even though I was a spectator. Maybe I will see you there.

Joe B.

Back