• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Tire Pressure Sensors

Melsy

Well, I finally installed them yesterday, turned on computer function, etc, WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG!!!!!!! Absolutely needed for the the Z. So now, after installing noise/heat sheild a few months ago and now this, I have the perfect car. I highly recommend to all Z owners. Cost about $350. Not bad considering the valve stems and washer/nuts are about $55 each. I'm in heaven. My longtime friend Roger at HP Sales in Pompano did the deed. Great work as usual. Thanks Roger. :dancer01:

We ran into one snafu on figuring out the Tech 2 path. Luckily I had downloaded from a previous post. Here it is for future reference. Body, Remote Function Actuation, Special Functions, Set Options, Tire Pressure Warning, Read the instructions on the next screen, then press Continue. Scroll to highlight Tire Pressure Warning option. Press the Enter Key to put an asterisk(*) next to the option. Press the Save Option soft key. The system is now enabled.:dancer01:

I've often wondered about those tire sensors. How does it affect balancing the wheel/tire? They must weigh something, so is it enough to make a big difference in the balancing process?

My guy feels that the difference in weight between the old tire valve removed and the new one is negligible. Car feels fine but I will have wheels balanced when I get the alignment done again. I really feel more confident with the beast knowing whether or not I have a slow leak from a nail or screw or whatever--which I've had a few of over the last 4 years. WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dancer01:

Back