• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

The good old days

Anyone like offshore fishing in the gulf?

This was my love for over 30 years.

A old pic of a pic.
34ii6vl.jpg

That's cool. :dancer01:

I wish I did have a photo, but I do have the memory of a great day of surf fishing with my father in Breezy Point. We caught so many striped bass, we had to give them to folks on the beach on our way back to the car. We couldn't carry them all. That was 54 year ago. :thumbsup:

Back around 1980-81 when we lived in Jacksonville, my Dad had a 28 foot SeaRay. We went offshore about every weekend. We took my neighbor Jack Jones, a Navy Captain, with us one time and stumbled across an eighty foot hole about twelve miles out from Mayport. Nothing had been biting all morning. We saw fish everywhere on the fish finder but they wouldn't touch anything. (I even tried to snag some with a big treble hook). We sat on this hole for about ten minutes and nothing was happening, I was ready to head to the hill. Then Jack got a bite. Then my Dad got a bite. Then my pole started bouncing! we started pulling in Red Snapper, Pink Snapper, and Rock Bass just as quick as we could haul them up! We put double treble rigs on with shrimp and as soon as we felt them hit bottom, we had a bite. We'd set the hook and count three and then set the second hook! I think there were only three times that we didn't have two fish on the lines when we hauled them up! We put 125 fish in the boat in 45 minutes! They stopped biting just like they started.

Sadly, my Dad and Captain Jack Jones are no longer with us. But we always talked about that trip! I was cleaning fish until 8:00 that night! I wish I had pictures of that day.

Back in the days when I was 13 years old, me and my grandpa were going offshore fishing together. We have catched 20 pounds cat fish. I am sorry that I do not have photo, but that was huugee :yesnod: That was the best memories fro my childhood

Back