• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Business / Shop Referrals

pewter99

This place cracks me up
I have done this before but I think we need one here. The purpose of this thread is to list businesses or shops you have dealt with that do good work and that you would refer your friends to. Lets keep this car related...window tinting, exhaust work, tire mounting etc. We all know how hard it is to find these types of places. Please list the name of the shop, what they do, where they are located (city/county) and any contact info you may have such as the person you dealt with.

Pinellas County
Window Tinting
Bay Area
Dave Schafley 727-744-3333

Pinellas / Pasco /Tampa
Tire Mounting/Balancing ***Mobile Service***
Pit Crew Tire
www.pitcrewtire.com
727-PIT-CREW
Craig

Pinellas
Minor accident damage/scratches etc.
Carsmetics (Palm Harbor location) there are others
727-669-8888

Pinellas
Corvette Service /Repair
Verns Chevy Service
727-585-4586

Orlando
Burke Corvettes
8625 N. Orlando Avenue * Maitland, Florida 32751 * Phone (407) 539-1717
http://www.burkecorvettes.com/
Tim Burke

if you have seen my car he did the hood :thumbsup:

thanks for the info. i have a few i will post later on. Nice hood by the way!:thumbsup: what is that growth under it and what does it do?:rofl1:

Great idea!

Mark J. Faltus
Auto Body and Painting
5020 N. Clark Ave.
Tampa, Fl 33614
(813)873-7094

Mark repaired this "stupid act" that I did a few months ago. You can't even tell that there was anything wrong. He's also done 3 other cars that my friend owns. I haven't had the chance yet, but I'm going to have my stock Z06 wheels stripped down and painted quicksilver and clearcoated. I'll post the results when I get around to doing this.
14266DAMAGEWEB1-med.jpg

14266DAMAGEWEB2-med.jpg

TwistedFun said:
thanks for the info. i have a few i will post later on. Nice hood by the way!:thumbsup: what is that growth under it and what does it do?:rofl1:

Yeah Tim and his guys are outstanding and worth the drive from anywhere in Florida...as for the growth..:hehehe: Maggie makes me :D

Mike Norris
Next Level Performance
1010 Bunnell Rd. Ste. 1100 Altamonte Springs, FL 32714 Tel. 407-869-RACE(7223)
www.nlperformance.com
Altamonte Springs (Orlando)
or
Horsepower Sales at (954) 782-6700
Pompano Beach

My car is there currently getting more stuff done :D

Electricial Work

Hi, I continue to have a problem finding anyone in or near Polk County that does Corvette electrical work, that is dash and engine bay wiring, gauges, interior lighting, and finding power leaks, anything that has 12 volts going to it. Got any ideas? Thanks.

Its great to have this new venue for the FL Corvette folks!

:thumbsup:

www.mycarframe.com

Last edited:
Sarasota / Mid West Coast Florida

Corvettes West / Tommy Moller - Owner
6175 Clark Center Ave.
Sarasota, FL. 34238
941-922-2300
941-922-2448 fax
www.corvetteswestinc.com

Full service facility. All models of Corvettes, particularly Midyears, and other high end autos. Excellent Paint and Engine Work.

Visit their website.

Tell him I sent you and get charged 25% more....:D :D

He's the only one that touches my car....known him for 32 years....would trust him with my bank account.

They did my tires and I was very happy with the service Corvette's West provided. I sure hope the issue gets solved!

Pinellas County - Window Tinting
Bay Area Auto Works
Dave Schafley 727-744-3333
I've used them for my vette and my wifes car.

Pinellas County - Corvette Mechanic
Corvette Doctor - (727) 299-9041
I get my amsoil oil changed here. Seems best suited for C5 & C6's, but knows about all vettes.

Pinellas County - Corvette Accessories, Custom work (butterfly doors, superchargers, engine cleaning, routine maintenance, etc).
Auto XTC - Larry, Brad, & John
4400 118th Ave N # 305 - Clearwater - (727) 556-0335 - autoxtc.com (new site coming soon)
Just had a new water pump and opti-spark intalled

Pinellas County - Corvette Brakes/Suspension
Vette Brakes and Products
7490 30th Ave N - St Petersburg - (727) 345-5292 - vbandp.com
Ordered lowering kit, will be getting my bilstein stocks here. Great suspension packages!

Pinellas County - Alignment
Bay Area Auto Doc
12204 66th St, Largo
(727) 535-0755
After I installed a new rack & pinion, the checked and torqued all bolts, and aligned car. By far the best alignment this car has ever had...

Pinellas County - Paint and Body
Color Concepts
1931 Carroll St # F2 - Clearwater - (727) 461-4404
Multi-previous vettes, wife is a long time vette owner. Lots of custom cars are always coming in and out of his shop. Saw a BEAUTIFUL C3 a few months ago. Currently helping me do some of my own work on my truck.

Well I guess the Mods need to lock this one up since you guys decided to HIJACK it from its intended purpose.....start another thread or take it to PM but don't hijack my thread to argue

The thread won't be locked, but your suggestion is noted. I do however, agree with Robert regarding the hijack.

Although I don't think it was intended as one, it develpoed as such.
Please take your dispute if there is one, to PM or e-mail.

This thread is for promoting businesses that have treated us (vette owners) well.

If there's a problem with a vendor, please post it in the Board of Inquiry. This is not the place.:NoNo:

I'll be moving your posts into the BOI thread regarding this matter to keep this on track.

Thanks guys:thumbsup:,

Gordon

either way you wanna do it is fine with me. In my experience we end up with people trashing people / vendors on an open forum only to find out later that there was alot left out of the story.

on a side not I suppose that vendor needs to be removed from teh thread for now until this matter is resolved

either way you wanna do it is fine with me. In my experience we end up with people trashing people / vendors on an open forum only to find out later that there was alot left out of the story.

on a side not I suppose that vendor needs to be removed from teh thread for now until this matter is resolved

Every forum is different. As you can see (for now) there's already two (2) sides to this story and they both vary greatly.

Most posts related to this matter have been merged into this one http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14185
if anyone is interested.

The vendor stays. Caveat emptor!

Robert started a good thing here. Lets keep this section on topic.

Actually this entire thread needs to be moved to the BOI. That section was put in place for BOTH good and bad experiences with businesses and people. It would also help to create a separate thread about each business to make it easier for people to find that sort of topic matter.

Oh, and another point I need to make clear...

Well I guess the Mods need to lock this one up since you guys decided to HIJACK it from its intended purpose.....start another thread or take it to PM but don't hijack my thread to argue

Sorry, but no one here OWNS a thread just because they started it. Just as when you engage in a verbal conversation among friends, you just cannot tell everyone that since you started talking first, everyone HAS to only talk about the topic you brought up originally. We do not try to structure conversations like that on this site.

And locking a thread will be a very rare occurrence here if I have any say in the matter.

you just cannot tell everyone that since you started talking first, everyone HAS to only talk about the topic you brought up originally. And locking a thread will be a very rare occurrence here if I have any say in the matter.

...nevermind :ack2:

Back