• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

ANYONE ATTENDING NCM 12TH ANNIV. CELEBRATION?

Electra

Date of event is Aug. 31-Sept. 3 in Bowling Green (full details on www.corvettemuseum.com). Hubby and I will depart Fort Myers on Aug. 29 for this event and would like to meet up with any other Florida Vetters to make a "caravan" to BG. We are going solo, as no other of our Club members are going. Please email us if this may be of interest to you. The more the merrier!

Attachments

• 2002 Corv. Convert. Blu.jpg
    2002 Corv. Convert. Blu.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 111
Yup, finally decided that I could make the trip. I'm leaving Wednesday, though. Hope to see you and Andy there!

Electra,

Sorry we won't be able to make it, but please order another skillet of that corn bread just for me!

Rich

Electra said:
Hope you can join us for dinner in BG at the Montana Grille! Later (Sunday!).
Sounds good Barb! And Rich, we'll be sure to do that...see you guys this Sunday

For those of you in SW FLA going to BG, do you drive straight through or do you stay somewhere halfway first night? Just planning my trip in October and looking for some feedback. Thanks

:confused:

I like to leave Fl early and stop for the night in Dalton Ga, just below the Tenn line. There's some nice places to stay and an Outback and an outlet mall to walk around in the evening. Then the next morning I head to BG. I like to drive Monteagle in the day time to see the scenery. On the way home I ususally drive straight through. Once I cross the Fl line I hate to stop.

Montana Grill! I was in Bowling Green for last years Z06 fest. I went to the Montana Grill and it was excellent. Good Margaritas!:dancer01:

NCM 12th Anniv.

als2052 said:
For those of you in SW FLA going to BG, do you drive straight through or do you stay somewhere halfway first night? Just planning my trip in October and looking for some feedback. Thanks

:confused:

We ususally stay just north of Atlanta

Hey Electra, how's this? It's a little small but's it's the only one I've found so far..
rose.gif

Was going to, but I'm in BG now for the show. Heading to Woodward next weekend and then to Niagara.

I usually drive straight through unless I'm coming from Marathon then I stop in Atlanta. Best place to stop in Atlanta is the Marriot NW on Windy Hill Exit off 75. They have the F Body Gathering there every Memorial day weekend.

We eat at Mariahs alot is there anywhere else that is recommended to check out in BG for eateries?

86DSOMVERT said:
Was going to, but I'm in BG now for the show. Heading to Woodward next weekend and then to Niagara.

I usually drive straight through unless I'm coming from Marathon then I stop in Atlanta. Best place to stop in Atlanta is the Marriot NW on Windy Hill Exit off 75. They have the F Body Gathering there every Memorial day weekend.

We eat at Mariahs alot is there anywhere else that is recommended to check out in BG for eateries?

In BG, try the Montana Grill -- they have the best prime rib -- actually, all their food is great and more than you can eat!

Actually I can see the Montana Grill from our balcony at Courtyard. I've found that the restaurants here like Tennessee don't do a very good job of separating the smokers from us non-smokers. So we go out and pick up food and eat in. Mariahs food is great though and I'm going to check out Montana Grill as well.

The show went ok. A bit disorganized in that I got stuck next to this 53 Corvette and the judges all went google eyed over it and spent like over an hour picking it to pieces. I wanted to get judged but ended up leaving for the cruise through the Kentucky countryside. Should have had the folks that were showing up closer to the tent if they were going on the cruise. Ended up getting lost and saying the hell with it and went back to the hotel and the cruise in at the Holiday Inn across the street.

Overall a decent time, can't say I will come back specifically for the homecoming but I will be back for NCM events.

Back