• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

1996 lt4 - headlights hit horns

sbolsen

I recently purchased in Indiana and drove back to Fernandina beach and found headlights will not pop up all the way - hit horns. When I open hood pop up and are fine, go down. Very low mileage car and was told that was seldom used at night. Any help would be appreciated. Also, could use a competent mechanic in area(jax). Thanks, Steve

hmm interesting ...they will go down fine but not all the way up???

also.....welcome to the forum glad you joined hope you'll stay a bit :)

My guess that the horns are either not the original horns,(Common because they get water in them and rust and wont blow!) or somebody tried to adjust the front bumper fit and bent the brackets to get them out of the way instead of taking 1 bolt out to remove them!!!!(Purdy common too!!:thumbsup:)
Or,They took them off and put them back on the wrong side upside down!!:lmao:

C4 correct factory horns and brackets!:thumbsup:

1.Left
2.Right

Last edited:
Junkies probably right .My first thought was that the previous owner might be blind therefore never requiring head lights .
Yep ,go with Junk :D

Junkies probably right .My first thought was that the previous owner might be blind therefore never requiring head lights .
Yep ,go with Junk :D

Yes sir sbolsen, you'll get differing opiniors and alot of help here. Welcome to the Forum. :welcome:

Back