• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2Vettes

Got home from work, made 2 pumpkin and 2 pecan pies. Got the bird defrosted and the ham ready. Had a drink and all's well.
Here's wishing each of you and your family a happy and safe Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving to y'all.

:wavey: Made my first blueberry pie today:dancer01: (no it's not store bought) It's not purdy, but it'll taste good!
Now I can't wait to sink my teeth into it! Not having any pecan pie this year though:toetap05:

~Ray

ynkedad said:
:wavey: Made my first blueberry pie today:dancer01: (no it's not store bought) It's not purdy, but it'll taste good!
Now I can't wait to sink my teeth into it! Not having any pecan pie this year though:toetap05:

~Ray

Never heard of an ugly pie!

Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful day.

Here's to hoping the Buccaneers can beat the Cowboys.

Go Tampa!!!

MADN3SS said:
Here's to hoping the Buccaneers can beat the Cowboys.
:wavey: Fingers crossed here! There's a HUGE dislike for the cowboys in this house!!!:thumbsdown:
You's may be:thinkin: why's that? Major Buffalo Bills fans here, need I say more!?

This is a house divided on the Bucs/Cowboys game. It will make an interesting afternoon....:hehehe:
And Ray, bet your blueberry pie will be great. Makes me wish I had one, now.

2Vettes said:
Got home from work, made 2 pumpkin and 2 pecan pies. Got the bird defrosted and the ham ready. Had a drink and all's well.

Linda, that sounds like a ton of food for just you and Robert! I hope you and everyone else on the site have a safe and filling holiday!

2Vettes said:

I'm doing plugs and wires on a FWD V6 olds :(

I need a pie.

Mekanic said:
I'm doing plugs and wires on a FWD V6 olds :(

I need a pie.

Come on down to Ft. Lauderdale!! The in laws made enough food to feed an Army (or Coast Guard crew!:lmao: )

Happy Thanksgiving everyone:thumbsup:

Hope everyone has a good Turkey Day. Woke up this morning to the smell of pumpkin pies and turkey a cooking. :D

And without fail, tomorrow Connie will bring up the subject of us getting more exercise and going on a diet...... :lmao: It's a tradition around here.

Rich Z said:
Hope everyone has a good Turkey Day. Woke up this morning to the smell of pumpkin pies and turkey a cooking. :D

And without fail, tomorrow Connie will bring up the subject of us getting more exercise and going on a diet...... :lmao: It's a tradition around here.

Ok, I met both of you adn neither of you need a diet...

Shadow said:
Ok, I met both of you adn neither of you need a diet...

Hah! EVERY woman thinks she needs to be on a diet. And, of course, they want to drag their husband along with them (kicking and screaming!)....... :ack2:

omg.gif

I can't believe I ate the whole thing........I am so stuffed!!
What a laugh, though. You should have seen the mess on my kitchen floor. We tried to take the bird out of the bag to carve it and when I pulled the bag out from under the bird the lid on the garbage can closed just as I dropped it into the can.....or so I thougtht........all the juices that were left in the bag went on us, on the counter, down the cabinets and of course all over the floor :lmao: If that's not enough. When we were making "to go" plates we dropped a plastic plate full of ham, sweet potatoes and corn on the floor again!!! :D Thank goodness it's tile! I've washed the floor 2 times already, and the cabinets...;) That's it, though. Feet are up on the desk, company gone, drink in hand, football game on and life is good..........:yesnod: Hope everyone had a great day, too!

WTH happned to Tampa?

:thinkin: They're not looking too good today.:banghead:

Anyway, 2Vettes i'm :lmao: :rofl1:. Sounds like a scene right out of a Grizzwald's holiday special:lmao:

Sorry you had to do all of that work preparing , only to wear it!:nonod:
Not to mention dropping Babe's carcass on the floor.

Did anyone see it? Did you like your guests? I'm thinking 5 or 10 second rule atleast!:rofl1: :lmao:

Well, Atleast you found some humor in it!:thumbsup: It'll be a thanksgiving that you won't soon forget!

~Ray

Ynke,

You are exactly right, the ?? second rule has to apply. In fact I am sure that 2Vettes, after picking the bird up off the floor, proceeded out to the Vette, grabbed her California Duster and just gave the turkey a couple of gentle swipes just to make her company feel better! :yesnod: :rofl1: :lmao:

No, no, no, the turkey didn't fall on the floor, the cooking bag with the drippings went everywhere. The bird was safe and sound on the cutting board, thank god....oh yes, and everyone either saw it or heard us laughing. We were trying to keep the dogs out of the kitchen or they would have been licking up the juice. We were slipping and sliding all over the place.....what a hoot :rofl1:

ynkedad said:
Sweet Potatoes and Corn?????
Oh, yeah. That did go on the floor. But it was much more contained and didn't splatter all over the kitchen like the turkey juice. But everyone enjoyed watching us clean that up, too... It was a fun day. These are people we've known for over 20 years so it was not embarrassing, it was truely funny. We'll laugh about this for a long time.

Back