The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 08-10-2013, 06:05 PM   #1
Cor66Vette

Name :
Cor66Vette has disabled reputation
Default Jon Hall Chevrolet ...

... will not answer any, I mean ANY questions during their ONLINE CHAT unless you fork over your full name, and phone number, and probably more. They disconnected the "session" when I asked whether or not they can answer my question without further hoopla.
Cor66Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2013, 07:42 PM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, unless you NEED to do business with them, I guess it would be best to go elsewhere. I don't know how some dealers got it into their heads that they are the only ones who can sell you what you want to buy.
Unread 08-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
Cor66Vette

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
... I don't know how some dealers got it into their heads that they are the only ones who can sell you what you want to buy.
You got that right. And that's the irony! Other Chevrolet dealers are more apt to deliver what I want than they are, and for them to abruptly discount my inquiry is seriously not good business. I need a good Chevy dealer who treats the customer the way a customer should be treated- and at the same time offering good service and fair pricing.
Unread 08-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #4
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

For what it's worth, I've found a dealer in California, Lake Chevrolet, that knocks about 40% of the retail prices on online parts purchases. Also, Charles Clark Chevrolet in McAllen, Texas. They warranteed a part I didn't even buy from them. Overnighted it to the shop that was working on it here in Tallahassee and didn't even charge me anything for shipping!
Unread 08-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #5
Cor66Vette

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
For what it's worth, I've found a dealer in California, Lake Chevrolet, that knocks about 40% of the retail prices on online parts purchases. Also, Charles Clark Chevrolet in McAllen, Texas. They warranteed a part I didn't even buy from them. Overnighted it to the shop that was working on it here in Tallahassee and didn't even charge me anything for shipping!
That is very cool info, thank you. A dealer like that is who I would want to do business with. I wonder how, rather IF, they would play the MSRP game on a C7 model? I'm looking for a dealer who offers a fair deal.
Unread 08-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #6
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

All I can say is go to their websites and see. If they make deals in their parts dept. they may be flexible on the sales floor also. Nothing to lose by asking. I know the dealers here don't budge on parts, that's why I shop online.
Unread 08-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #7
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
All I can say is go to their websites and see. If they make deals in their parts dept. they may be flexible on the sales floor also. Nothing to lose by asking. I know the dealers here don't budge on parts, that's why I shop online.
Heck, the Chevy dealership here wouldn't budge on the prices of their cars, neither. Which is why when I was looking to buy my C6Z I wound up driving up to Washington D.C. to buy it.
Unread 08-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #8
Cor66Vette

Name :

Quote:
Heck, the Chevy dealership here wouldn't budge on the prices of their cars, neither. Which is why when I was looking to buy my C6Z I wound up driving up to Washington D.C. to buy it.
I guess the difference in price was appreciable to justify the trip.
Unread 08-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #9
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRestoredRoadster View Post
I guess the difference in price was appreciable to justify the trip.
Definitely! Which just goes to show you how far off the mark they were.

During "negotiations" Barbie Jordan said "Rich, we are SO close on the price!". I looked at her like she was speaking another language (which I guess is exactly what sales gibberish is), and said, "No we're not at all close. There is a $10,000 difference between what I want to pay and what you are asking."

Do sales people think that we REALLY can't tell the difference between BS and reality?
Unread 08-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #10
Cor66Vette

Name :

Quote:
Definitely! ... There is a $10,000 difference between what I want to pay and what you are asking."
That answers my question for sure! $10k buys a lot of options. Good stuff.