• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Not In Florida Yet, But...........

ChuckG

Retired Florida Geezer
Hello All. My Maryland friend, Rich427 sent me this link. I live in the Baltimore, Maryland area. Rich is my long time friend and neighbor. We live in the same suburb of Baltimore, Fallston, MD.

My wife and I are retiring in 3 years. We just bought a one acre building lot in Pine Ridge, Florida, up near Crystal River. Just settled on the lot last week.

We'll start building in about 18 months. We understand it'll take about 12 to 18 months to build a house, SO, we'll be moving in about April/May of 2009, maybe sooner if the stock market treats me well. :)

Decided to "join" your forum to familiarize myself with Florida activities. Chuck

:welcome: Another one from Fallston! I used to live up there when I was in my early 20s.

You'll like the Crystal River area. Real nice place. If you like steamed blue crabs, check out Charlies Restaurant in Homossassa (sp?) Springs.

Hi Chuck and :welcome: . We live near Gateway and hope to meet Rich427 and his wife when they come down this summer.
Tell us about your vette!

Welcome to the site!

Crystal River is a great place. Went up there for a Vette show in March. Great turnout. They do a couple of shows a year at Crystal Chevy.

Scott

Thank for the welcome. I'm still "learning my way" around Florida in general, and Citrus County in particular.

I currently have 3 Corvettes. Recently sold my MY 2000 Convertible.

I'll see if my signature posts. It has my cars listed. Chuck

Rich Z said:
:welcome: Another one from Fallston! I used to live up there when I was in my early 20s.

You'll like the Crystal River area. Real nice place. If you like steamed blue crabs, check out Charlies Restaurant in Homossassa (sp?) Springs.

I moved to Fallston in 1974. I work in Bel Air.

I already have several "buds" who have moved to Florida, 2 to the Citrus County area, one to the Sarasota area, and Rich427 soon to Fort Myers.

My inlaws live half the year in Fort Myers, and the other half in Williamsburg, Virginia. Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Don't believe what everybody (who doesn't live here) says about the heat...it's not dry! :lmao:

Actually here in Sarasota it's never hit 100F. (That's the temp - not the humidity!) Been here 28 years and don't wanna move. In CA you get maybe a 10 sec warning for an earthquake; in the midwest it's maybe a 10 min warning for a tornado; here at least it's maybe a 10 day warning for a hurricane. I can live with that!

Hi Bill. I'm not in the least bit worried about hurricanes.

I can hardly wait to "escape" Maryland. :)

The older I get, the more the cold bothers me. I'm looking forward to the heat. In a few years, maybe I'll consider 70 degrees a "cold spell". :) Chuck

:welcome: to my buddy Chuck. We have a very nice group of people here on this site. Pretty laid back compared to some other boards, but very informative of what is happening in the area. I think you will like it.

BTW, Rich Z is the founder of this site and is originally from Parkville. Nice guy, but has a little unusual business. If you talk nicely to him, he might send you a sample of one of his products. Just pay careful attention when you open the sample package! :hehehe:

ChuckG said:
Hi Bill. I'm not in the least bit worried about hurricanes.

I can hardly wait to "escape" Maryland. :)

The older I get, the more the cold bothers me. I'm looking forward to the heat. In a few years, maybe I'll consider 70 degrees a "cold spell". :) Chuck

That is the truth! I know alot of people that made fun of Floridians dislike of the cold, then they moved down and became the same Floridians!:lmao: Now they put a jacket on in 70 degree weather!

Well you do know the difference between a "yankee" and a "damn yankee" don't you?

A "yankee" is a northerner who comes down to Florida to visit, gets in everyone's way and just makes a pain of themselves while they are here. A "damn yankee" comes down to Florida, and STAYS! :lmao:

Hi you damn yankee, from another damn yankee....... :thumbsup:

Rich427 said:
:welcome: to my buddy Chuck. We have a very nice group of people here on this site. Pretty laid back compared to some other boards, but very informative of what is happening in the area. I think you will like it.

BTW, Rich Z is the founder of this site and is originally from Parkville. Nice guy, but has a little unusual business. If you talk nicely to him, he might send you a sample of one of his products. Just pay careful attention when you open the sample package! :hehehe:

Thanks for the welcome, Rich, and thanks for telling me about this site.

Heading off to Dover this AM for the NASCAR races with Mrs. Chuck. Are you and Joyce going?

Rich Z: I'm a Pittsburgh, PA native. Moved to Baltimore in 1972. Our apartment was at Glenmont Apartments near Loch Raven and Taylor Avenues, not far from Parkville.

Lived there till 74 when we bought our first house in Fallston.

:) Gotta ask about your "unusual business".

Up here in Maryland, a "Yankee" is a New Englander. :)

We Marylanders are "Southerners", below the Mason Dixon Line. :) Chuck

Chuck,

Enjoy the race today! Unfortunately, Joyce and I are not going. We have given up our tickets at Dover. A great track, but as you know, with the speed on that track, plus 43 cars, if they do not get a lot of cautions, by mid race you may only have a dozen or so cars on the lead lap. When that happens the race can get a little boring. So, we now just watch it on TV. Besides the air conditioning is a lot better this way. I guess I am getting old. :eek:

When you get a few minutes, give me a call and let me know how your trip to Pine Ridge went. :thumbsup:

Rich Z said:
A "damn yankee" comes down to Florida, and STAYS! :lmao:

I resemble that remark.....I am an actual Yankee....from NY. Home of the 26 time World Champions!! :D Woo woo!

Back