• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

I AM THE NEW CALENDAR GIRL FOR THIS SITE

MRS. XTREME

Ok guys Rich Z asked me to confirm whether I could/would help with the calendar of events here so here I am.....confirming....lol

I was confused as to whether I was needed or not so I just didnt mess with it...:shrug01:

anyway I will try my hardest to make sure everyone is kept up to date about everything going on around us :yesnod: I'll even try to post other car events because as most people know not everyone owns JUST A VETTE ! ;)

If you see me miss anything just PM me or simply add it to the calendar yourself...:D

if you dont want to add just PM me all the info Ill do it for you...:yesnod:

thanks guys I will make you proud :D

Oh and I apologize for all the people who came to this thread expecting "something else" :toetap05:

:rofl1:

Last edited:
Thank you, Keli!

In the interests in helping people get the hang of using the calendar here, I did a bit of a "how-to"...

First off, go to the main page of the forum, and scroll down to the bottom where you can see the calendar entries listed for the next 90 days. You will see something like this.
calendar01.jpg

Click on that image of the calendar in the left hand margin to bring you to the calendar page for the current month. Look down to the left hand corner to see the section depicted below.
calendar02.jpg

Assuming you are entering a single day event, click on that text link that says "Single, All Day Event".

That will put you into a data entry screen, much like entering a post in the forums themselves.
calendar03.jpg

Simply enter the title as you want people to see your event listed. Then select the date of the event in the drop down menu lists. After that simply enter in everything you want people to know about your event, including links and photographs using the standard tools provided for including those functions. Remember, this is JUST LIKE entering a post in a thread in the forums, so this should be easy to understand.

Once you have everything you want there, simply click that "Save Event" button at the bottom, and you are done!
calendar04.jpg

There you go! Your event has now been entered into the calendar.
calendar05.jpg

Now take a look at the full calendar, and there is the event for everyone to see.
calendar06.jpg

See how easy that was?

Now if everyone would put the events they know about on the calendar, this won't all fall onto Keli's shoulders. If you all want people to know about your events and functions, then help us ALL out by keeping US aware of them by using the calendar. I know when I am thinking about getting away in a few weekends, that is the place I scan for upcoming events. So if your event is not there, then I likely just won't know about it. And quite probably, neither will a lot of other people.

When I read the title of your post, I had something completely different in mind.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Thats so funny... when I was posting I was like ...OMG these people are gonna think i'm posing for something....

:rofl1::rofl1:

At least I got you to look at it....:yesnod::lmao:

Or am I a little off base here? :hehehe:

:rofl1::rofl1:

Def way off base for me !!!! Those women could be my gradma , actaully my grandma is only 62 yrs old so they might be a little older...

hey but there are some men out there that like older women !!!!!!

Is this better??

:hehehe:

Attachments

• CorvetteChick1.jpg
    CorvetteChick1.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 83
  • CorvetteChick2.jpg
    CorvetteChick2.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 71
  • CorvetteChick.jpg
    CorvetteChick.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 78
Well I guess if I could incorporate graphics pinups in the calendar area, that would DEFINITELY be getting it more attention.

But be that as it may, the new entries in the calendar are MUCH better! :thumbsup: I really would like that to be a quick method for all of us to scan for all the happenings taking place so we can know what is going on and make plans to go to the ones that will fit in our schedules. If we don't know about them, then NO chance we will go to them.

Thanks Keli!

Well I guess if I could incorporate graphics pinups in the calendar area, that would DEFINITELY be getting it more attention.

But be that as it may, the new entries in the calendar are MUCH better! :thumbsup: I really would like that to be a quick method for all of us to scan for all the happenings taking place so we can know what is going on and make plans to go to the ones that will fit in our schedules. If we don't know about them, then NO chance we will go to them.

Thanks Keli!

YOUR WELCOME ~~~~ Just doing my part here on the site :)

Mrs. X,

I just posted a show in the Events section for May 30th at the Muscle Car City Museum. Would you please post this to the event calendar also.

Thanks
Rich

(N.Sedaka/H.Greenfield)

I love, I love, I love my calender girl
Yeah, sweet calender girl
I love, I love, I love my calender girl
Each and every day of the year

(January) You start the year off fine
(February) You're my little valentine
(March) I'm gonna march you down the aisle
(April) You're the Easter Bunny when you smile
Yeah, yeah, my heart's in a whirl