• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Rain today

Yeah, I was able to watch the video.

Pesky deer. I don't know why they have developed a taste for citrus leaves around here lately.

My property fronts a 278 acre field that the farmer keeps planted in corn or peanuts. Now that the peanuts (this year) are gone they come into my yard for the grass to graze on.

0.61" of rain last night and this morning. Temps are steadily dropping. One forecast is calling for a low of 24 degrees here tonight. Got Connie's pineapple plants covered and the outside faucets dripping because of the hard freeze warning issued.

We got 1/4 inch the night before last. Waiting to see what today brings but they're only calling for another 1/4 inch. I got blasted coming through Atlanta early Thursday morning. Lots of standing water on 285. So much that other trucks were throwing waves of it. Completely blinded me for a couple of seconds at one point. At least it was 2 o'clock in the morning and traffic wasn't as bad as it would have been during the day. We go through Atlanta at the best time of day at least.

We got about a quarter inch of rain yesterday too. I was expecting more. :shrug01:

We ended up with a half inch yesterday, got a few good showers. Cooled off nicely, down the 46 degrees this morning. And windy.

In a dry spell until maybe Sunday.

Total rain for January, 2024 = 5.89 inches

Total rain for the year 2024 = 5.89 inches

We got 1.83 inches here. Must have been some strong winds as there were branches and palm fronds down all over the place. I was up in Tallahassee at the gun show, so missed all the action here.

Back