• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Is This A Mid-Engined Corvette?

Curacao

Island in the Caribbean.
Amid rumors of a mid-engined C7 Corvette, comes this photo of an extended wheelbase Corvette with modified bodywork and a lot of space behind the front seats. Is this a mid-engined next generation 'Vette mule or a freak one-off? UPDATE!

UPDATE: Peloton25, a sharp-eyed commenter, noted that the manufacturer plates match Fisker, thus making it a Fisker (likely a Fisker Karma) prototype. Clever bodywork, Fisker. Also, calling it the "Karvette" is a good sign. Thanks to everyone for help in solving this mystery!

Reader Rzrektd_Brd says he spotted this mysterious Corvette on August 9th. From the photo, it definitely appears to be a Corvette and features the signature taillights and recognizable shape. What's different is the larger flares and what looks like an extension between the front of the cabin and the rear.

GM's fervently denied that the next generation Corvette C7's going to be mid-engined and denies this is their vehicle.

The car has manufacturer plates, indicating it's a test mule from an automotive company of some sort and not a crazy personal project. This doesn't necessarily mean it's GM, it could also be a coachbuilder or aftermarket company.

Clearly, someone is building a very special Corvette and needs to invest in better camouflage.

Source: http://jalopnik.com

mystery_corvette.jpg

mystery_corvette_2.jpg

mystery_corvette_3.jpg

Damn that thing is hideous!!!:lmao::rofl1:

Mid engine or not, I wouldn't be caught dead in it.

Looks like a Mazda and Corvette mated. They should have aborted the child:lmao::lmao:

Sheesh.... The big squared off wheelwells are hideous looking. If this is GM's idea of the C7 then they are far worse off than anyone could imagine in the design department.

On a positive note, it sure will make older generation vettes much more desirable and valuable.

I am hoping for a C7 in a couple of years but this is not what I envisioned. :eek:

If this is it, my current C6 will be my last Vette. I am nearing the end of the road. :lmao:

We always had fun disguising

we'd tape on card board and black primer it,, all kinds of weird cover-ups for for simple changes we MIGHT use in future production model's.
great to see someone else thinks they have the answer to the mid engine Corvette which is as dead as a door nail on the up coming model change.:lmao::lmao::lmao::banghead::toetap05::yesnod:

Back