• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Stupid FOB!

Guro305

Heathen
I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this. It seems that now I'm constantly relearning my FOB. It's pretty bad.

I changed the battery on it to leave no doubts even though with the voltmeter to it, the older battery had enough juice. It seems like the thing works fine for a few days and then it's done. I have to relearn it and it's pis$ing me off.

Is my FOB cooked or is it a problem with the car? I mean, everytime I relearn the FOB, the car always recognizes it with no problems. Has anyone else experienced this?

Do you only have the one FOB? I would think it more likely that the FOB is flaky rather than anything in the car being the problem.

sandman said:
What is a FOB?:ack2:

A key fob is a medallion used to identify a key ring or used as a starting place on a ring, frequently given as an advertising item.

A watch fob is a medallion or ornament attached by leather strap or chain to a pocket watch to assist in locating and removing the watch from a pocket in clothing. Some were originally coded or numbered to assist in return to the owner.

A fob is a small pocket in trousers just below the waistline meant to hold a watch, keys, change, etc.

The term is also used when referring to electronic security key devices.

Fob may also be a transitive verb meaning to deceive or cheat someone out of something they would want to do or materially wish for.

To date, I have not found ANYONE who knows what the letters "f-o-b" actually stand for.

The most interesting one was "full of beer"....... :lmao:

Yah I was just wondering, I like the full beer. I was just wondering if tit was the clicker that unlocks your doors?!

Back