• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

C5 It was a good day.

Kap142

After having my new TPMS sensors installed early this past week I took yesterday to begin the "catch up".

Removed and cleaned the barrels of each wheel. Applied new Plasti Dip (black) to the inside of each barrel and cleaned up the over spray. This really is a cool product with somewhat limited applications that I choose.

Removed front wheel housing trim to allow access to my "droopy" cove screens and cleaned (as before) but used a hot glue gun to re-installed them. Damn that stuff is worth remembering. Each screen is now so secure even I'm surprised. Andy you'd be proud of me.

Cleaned all four wheel wells (heck the wheels were off anyway) and even changed the oil along with the whole project.

I'm just a bit stiff today but "Peek" liked the love and heck I'll heal (yes honey I'll take a Capt. Morgan on the rocks).

It was a good day!:thumbsup:

Come on, Ken, quite teasing us and show some photographs of your handiwork! :hehehe:

Actually Rich, there's just not much to show. Cove screens now look perfectly in place and I'll attach a shot of the black barrels but that's it.

Attachments

• PB300018.jpg
    PB300018.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 108
Hey Ken,

I did not see you post a resolution to your TPMS problem, other than this post that says you put new ones on. Can you give us what you know about the problem that you ran into and how you solved it?

Thanks
Rich

I was toying with the thought of plasti-dipping the inside of my wheels. Would you post a picture of the wheels when they're on the car?

I was toying with the thought of plasti-dipping the inside of my wheels. Would you post a picture of the wheels when they're on the car?

Sure Old Dog I'd be glad to. Let me go see if I have a fairly good pic of two and if so I'll put um up and if not I'll take a couple. What is very noticable (if this makes any sense) is that you just don't see the barrels which, of course, means you see no diirt or brake dust. But.... if you look closely they look cool.:dancer01:

Attachments

• P7170045.jpg
    P7170045.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 106
  • PB300019.jpg
    PB300019.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 110
  • P7050044.jpg
    P7050044.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 109
  • PB300020.jpg
    PB300020.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 114
One or two more on the Vette but at a bit of a distance.

Attachments

• P7170049.jpg
    P7170049.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 104
  • P7170050.jpg
    P7170050.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
It's available at Lowe's sitting among the spray paints. One can easily does at least two wheels. Just remember as soon as you finish painting remove the tape. Once this stuff starts to dry it will lift and take the plasti-dip with it. Also over spray cleans up easily with Mineral spirits.:thumbsup:

Hey Ken,

I did not see you post a resolution to your TPMS problem, other than this post that says you put new ones on. Can you give us what you know about the problem that you ran into and how you solved it?

Thanks
Rich

If this is redundant I apologize in advance.

The first set of TPM sensors were DRT (dead right there) Apparently the higher speed runs simply caused them to fail. I choose to believe I scared them to death but who knows.

They were replaced, under warranty, with a different brand (Xtraseal and like all the rest are made guess where?) Anyway as each of the old Orange sensors were removed it was tested and all four were, indeed, bad. All were replaced and money was refunded, now a few months later they continue to work just fine.:dancer01:

Have you tried scaring them to death to see if they can survive the fear? :hehehe:

Back