• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Opinions please

I would say the 75 has been well taken care of by what he says in the ad. Bushings and brakes have been replaced, that's good. Can't really see enough of the 77. Ask the owner of the 75 what, if anything, it needs. Good looking car.

I would want to at least see pics of underneath the hood. But even then, it's really hard telling anything through pics. Even a nice clean externally shiny engine can have worn piston rings or tired valve seals. I would go into something like this expecting to be lied to, and ONLY trusting what my own two eyes could see.

Info I know so far about these two cars:

The 75 needs a/c - the guy said he removed it because it took away power. ??? Other than that it needs nothing, except maybe the seats could be reupholstered. This is according to him.

The 77 needs a/c and that's in the ad. I asked for more pics and they should be coming when the fellow gets off work. He was at work and couldn't talk so I was only able to text and the exchange was limited.

Too bad that either of these is 2 hours away. I guess it could be worse, they could be 3 hours away.

I would want to at least see pics of underneath the hood. But even then, it's really hard telling anything through pics. Even a nice clean externally shiny engine can have worn piston rings or tired valve seals. I would go into something like this expecting to be lied to, and ONLY trusting what my own two eyes could see.

Oh yeah, pics can be deceiving as all heII. Photos are great and all, but I've been on wild goose chases because of the photographic prowess of some car sellers. If these guys took the same time learning about taking care of their cars as they did learning how to take photos, then their cars would be as good as they appear in the pictures.

Back