The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 02-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #251
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Just wanted to make a note here that I have received a refund check for $5,060.00 from Chris Harwood on an XtremeMotorsports invoice for the following items that I paid him for and did not receive:
  1. Differential
  2. Transmission
  3. Turbo rebuild
  4. Transmission brace

The check was from the Sports Car Technologies account.
Item 3. Are those the turbos you have to replace? I know, another stupid comment. So is he paying for the new ones?
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2011, 07:41 PM   #252
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
Item 3. Are those the turbos you have to replace? I know, another stupid comment. So is he paying for the new ones?
No. The latest damage to the turbos has nothing to do, as far as I know, with that past situation. Harwood indicated that the turbos needed to be rebuilt at that time, when they apparently did not, and charged me for the rebuild anyway, stating that the work had been done by STS.

Regardless, he paid me back the money I paid for that original rebuild that never took place. There was no indication of damage to the turbos up till recently, and specifically not until after a failure of the wastegate may have run the turbos up into an overspeed condition. I just cannot blame Harwood for that. It's just one of many of the damn bad breaks I've gotten concerning this car.

When I get my car back, I will determine from the bill and detailing of the labor that Aaron did to complete the work what charges are still Harwood's responsibility. Not everything will be, however a substantial portion will be the result of his not providing me the transmission, differential, and trans brace I paid for, and his putting the incorrect clutch in the car, necessitating pulling out the drivetrain to replace those items with the correct ones. There is also the cost of the tuning that he is responsible for as well as any mechanical work that was not completed as promised as of September 17, 2010 that Aaron had to complete. I will be fair to him about this, regardless of how he treated me, but he is responsible for the work I paid him to do that he did not complete, or did not do competently, and I had to pay someone else to do.
Unread 02-08-2011, 10:38 PM   #253
Bob K
Deceased

I'm just at a loss for words Rich and I guess I'll quit posting about it before I get into trouble. I don't know how that piece of trash can read this stuff and sleep at night. I hope Karma is fact and not wishful thinking.
Unread 02-08-2011, 11:19 PM   #254
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
I'm just at a loss for words Rich and I guess I'll quit posting about it before I get into trouble. I don't know how that piece of trash can read this stuff and sleep at night. I hope Karma is fact and not wishful thinking.
Yes, it does come as quite a shock to learn that some people can think so completely differently than you do yourself that they might as well be from another planet.
Unread 02-08-2011, 11:40 PM   #255
vetteguy61

Name : Mike Elmore
vetteguy61 has disabled reputation

Harwood told me months ago that he was not going to repay any money for lost parts or the cost to have my car put back together. As far as he was concerned, it's just too bad for me having to pay out all the money I did in getting my car put back together.
vetteguy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2011, 11:42 PM   #256
vetteguy61

Name : Mike Elmore
vetteguy61 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteguy61 View Post
Harwood told me months ago that he was not going to repay any money for lost parts or the cost to have my car put back together. As far as he was concerned, it's just too bad for me having to pay out all the money I did in getting my car put back together.
imo
vetteguy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2011, 11:56 PM   #257
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
That's why you need to change his mind.
Unread 02-09-2011, 12:39 AM   #258
Rich Z

Quote:
You may want to consider consulting with an attorney's office to see if they feel you have a case you can prevail at in a civil lawsuit against him PERSONALLY. I know some people believe that these are worthless in that if the losing defendant does not have assets to collect upon, then a judgment against them is of no consequence in collecting the money owed. But I beg to differ. Getting such a judgment will give you the legal right to be the shadow behind the losing party until they do pay you back the amount awarded in that judgment. You can make inquiries to the IRS about the income they have filed taxes on. You can take steps to locate any source of income he or other members of his family may have to satisfy the judgment. If he holds down a job and wages are involved, contact that employer and take steps to attach his wages. If he is working some place, earning money under the table and shows no income via the IRS, then that can be reported. Of course, the employer is going to want to know about this judgment, and it may prove quite awkward to the defendant to have his past actions exposed in such a manner to the person employing him.

No, I think you will have quite a bit of leverage to get satisfaction, in a financial sense, in such a case. It is very doubtful that any person would want to be subjected to that kind of legal scrutiny for very long with you having a hook set in his butt cheeks to be dragged along behind him. Besides, you never know. Mr. Harwood could come into some money via an inheritance sometime down the road and you could be first in line to collect that money owed to you if that happens.

Of course, this is all my personal opinion of a possibly viable step to take in this instance. YMMV.....
Unread 02-09-2011, 11:11 PM   #259
Bob K
Deceased

I agree with Rich. Set a hook into his azz and hold him for life. I would also see about filing suit against whatever that thing is he's living with. Make them prove she is not part of the business.
Unread 02-09-2011, 11:41 PM   #260
THUNDER
Rideing in style

Name : Chris Plato
THUNDER is on a distinguished road

as soon as i get all the repts together and something on papper from sgc. i will be hauling his as into court. I have a us marshal friend of mine that has already more then offered to serve him the paper work personaly.