• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Another newb

AdvAutoBob

got nitrous?
Hello all!
I was referred to this forum by Greg (legion21) and am happy to see a dedicated Florida forum. :D

My name's Robert, and I am both a Vette owner, and the owner of a shop that repairs and modifies Corvettes here in the SW Florida area. I'm quite active in the online Corvette community, as I post over on CF (RacerX70CC)and on CAC (AdvancedAutoCC). Hopefully I can be of help to our local Vette community, or to any of the forum regulars here as well. Feel free to drop me an email, PM or even stop by the shop if you're in the area.

See you on the boards!

:welcome: Nice to see some more technical expertise joining in.....

To refer to Bob as Technical Expertise is an understatement :D . All it takes is run by his speed shop and see everything from a 53 Vette being restored to modern Corvettes being modified and everything in between. He's the man behind all the mods to my Vette, as well as a great personal friend. He's going to have my LT-1 daily driven Vette in the 10's within the next several months, and it looks like a bone stock coupe (sleeper!!!!!)

Greg

P.S. The Big Block Chevy motor that puts out over a 1000hp siting on the engine stand right inside the front door of his shop is a work of art!

Robert,

:welcome: and give us some particulars on your shop. I have a house in Ft. Myers and will be moving south permanently next summer and it would be great to find someone in the area that I can trust with my two vettes. I have a '69 BB Vert that has the original drive line, but has been modified slightly. It is 30 over with 10.5 to one compression, Sig Erson roller rockers, Comp Cam 280 magnum camshaft, driving a stock 3.08 rear. With the gearing, not going to turn many heads at the drags, but is a real easy cruiser.

My other Vette is a 01 6 speed Vert, bone stock except for the Corsa Indy Pace Car mufflers.

Nice to have you around, and like I said, tell us a little about your shop!

Rich

Glad to have you on the site. I agree with Rich, nice to have more technical people. We could always use them. I don't know much, so I'll get out of your way! :crazy03:

Some shop info

Probably the easiest thing is to check out my shop's site (www.advancedautocc.com), but I'll give you some highlights.
Over here in Cape Coral, just look for Advanced Automotive Repair of Cape Coral (mouthful, yes), we're in the Industrial Park, right on 10th Street. What we do is primarily Corvettes (repair, mechanical resto, Vintage Air sales/installation, and my favorite..performance mods), along with other American muscle/performance cars. We're an authorized Magnaflow Exhuast dealer/installer, with several Corvette specific systems in stock. We do custom exhaust (crush bent or mandrel fabricated) on many types of vehicles. We also offer nitrous oxide system sales, installation and (most important!) refilling.

As Greg said earlier, I tend to prefer the performance side of things (being a drag racer for 25 years), but we do some restoration type work (no paint and body, strictly mechanical related). As a matter of fact, take a look at the '54 on my website (or stop by and check it out in person). We do all platforms, from C1 to C6, and I'm factory trained on C4's (my personal favorite platform). I'm also an ASE Master Auto Tech, blah blah blah... you get the point. :D

NOT on the website yet, however... We have an inventory of various new and used Corvette parts that we're still going through, so if you have need of some parts, either for a driver or a restoration, drop a pm or call us.

does this suffice? :D

Back