• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Tampa area dinner..

pewter99

This place cracks me up
looking at doing something in the next couple weeks...stay tuned....if anyone has suggestions for a good spot in Tampa lemme know...I have a few things I am looking at but am open to suggestions....criteria..good food, decent price and parking

Darn..... I REALLY hope I'm not tied up with my business and could get away to join you guys down there. I've done some reptile shows over the years at the Fairgrounds and normally ate at any one of the Outbacks nearby. Never had a bad meal at any of them. Of course, parking sucked at ALL of them.

pewter99 said:
looking at doing something in the next couple weeks...stay tuned....if anyone has suggestions for a good spot in Tampa lemme know...I have a few things I am looking at but am open to suggestions....criteria..good food, decent price and parking

Any of you guys ever eaten at Quaker Steak & Lube? Premium productions holds a car show on a Sunday once a month there. I've been to about a dozen of their shows. Plenty of parking

The resturant itself is pretty nice. Something for everyone on the menu and the place itself is something else. 3 large rooms, each with a different theme. Racing, motorcycles and Corvettes. Cars and bikes hanging from the ceiling. Thousands of items hanging on the walls.

10400 49th Street N. Pinellas Park.

Here's a couple of pics from one of the shows.

Quaker_Steak.jpg

Quaker_Steak_Inside.jpg

Corvette_Room.jpg

:wavey: Used to go to a few of the bike and car shows there. Usually a good time and good food:thumbsup:

yeah....QSL is great for the parking etc however the service usually sucks if they are busy. I am keeping this in the back of my mind though for another deal...trying to get something on the Tampa side for this one or at least centrally located....might have something.... gonna know in the next day or so..

pewter99 said:
...trying to get something on the Tampa side for this one or at least centrally located....might have something.... gonna know in the next day or so..

Sounds like a plan. Have you ever put together a corvette event in Ybor city? There is a nice Greek place (Acropolis) we go to on occasion. Parking is OK for weekend lunch but gets bad in the evenings.

Take care,

Shadow said:
Parking sux in Ybor at lunch:( But there are some great restaurants there.

I bet lunch during the week is a mess, I was thinking lunch on a Saturday.

We go there about once a month for Saturday lunch, usuallly when they are having their "Market" in the park. We have always found plenty of parking in the lots just North of the main drag and South of the streetcar line. Maybe we get their before the crowd.

Cheers,

Maalox said:
I bet lunch during the week is a mess, I was thinking lunch on a Saturday.

We go there about once a month for Saturday lunch, usuallly when they are having their "Market" in the park. We have always found plenty of parking in the lots just North of the main drag and South of the streetcar line. Maybe we get their before the crowd.

Cheers,

Yeah, I was thinking about the weekdays, you're right.

Havn't been there on a weekend day in years.

zzzona said:
Do you really want to park your vette in Ybor.???
Day or nite........:nonod: :nonod:

On the weekends during the day, I don't hesitate to take the vette.

I wouldn't take it if I was going there to party late into the night, more for my concern on the number of drunks drivers.

Almost lunch time, and this discussion has me thinking about a big greek salad:crazy03:

Back