• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Urine Test

zzzona

JOB = URINE TEST

Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them ?

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do , on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their ASS, doing drugs, while I work. . . Can you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check? Something has to change in this country -- and soon

Guess we could title that program, 'Urine or You're Out'. :bang:

This idea has my vote.

Had a question pop into my mind when Clinton was president. Does the President of the USA have to undergo random drug testing? :hehehe: What about Congress? Seems to me that what is good for the goose is good for the gander.....

This idea has my vote.

Had a question pop into my mind when Clinton was president. Does the President of the USA have to undergo random drug testing? :hehehe: What about Congress? Seems to me that what is good for the goose is good for the gander.....

LOL!I would LOVE to see all current members of Congress & the Pres/VP take random tests! And add to it the most devestating drug addiction out there, alcohol. Welfare leaches that have $ for drugs/cigaraettes & alky should not get ANY assistance, and we don't need our countries leaders being idiots under the influence of alcohol either.:NoNo:

I think cigarettes and alcohol are taking it to far. They aren't illegal, so I could care less if somebody does them. But using my tax money to break the law? That pisses me off.

I think cigarettes and alcohol are taking it to far. They aren't illegal, so I could care less if somebody does them. But using my tax money to break the law? That pisses me off.

They may me legal, but are still damaging addictive drugs. Cig's kill app 500,000 a year in the US, and all illegal drugs combined kill app. 15,000. Alcohol causes more economic money & personal & family hardship than any substance known to man. The legality issue is because prohibition failed.....I'm looking at the common sense side, not the legality. I don't want the leaders of our country under the influence of ANY drugs legal or not, and welfare recipients should be required to use the $$ for needed household items. Food, clothes, rent, etc. :thumbsup:

testing

I work for a school system in maintenance. us foodservice and custodians busdrivers are under random drug tests but for some reason teachers are not and neither are any of the people in district office or the superentendent nor are any of the directors or there secretaries no one in finance is either doesnt seem quite fair to me I am in south west florida

I work for a school system in maintenance. us foodservice and custodians busdrivers are under random drug tests but for some reason teachers are not and neither are any of the people in district office or the superentendent nor are any of the directors or there secretaries no one in finance is either doesnt seem quite fair to me I am in south west florida

Whats good for the goose, is good for the gander. They are the ones that should be FIRST in line for the testing.....well bus drivers should be pretty high up as well.

I would think that the greater the responsibility and authority that any person has, the more critical that their decision making ability NOT be impaired by drugs of any kind.

Seriously would ANYONE be comfortable thinking that the person with a finger on the RED button might be whacked out on cocaine at the wrong moment?

They may me legal, but are still damaging addictive drugs. Cig's kill app 500,000 a year in the US, and all illegal drugs combined kill app. 15,000. Alcohol causes more economic money & personal & family hardship than any substance known to man. The legality issue is because prohibition failed.....I'm looking at the common sense side, not the legality. I don't want the leaders of our country under the influence of ANY drugs legal or not, and welfare recipients should be required to use the $$ for needed household items. Food, clothes, rent, etc. :thumbsup:

Sounds like population control to me.

Actually, I have yet to see a reason to ban tobacco. Note that not only do I hate being around someone who is smoking, but I am allergic to tobacco. But when was the last time that a cigarette made somebody shoot somebody else? It may be addictive and harmful, but as long as a gov't official is considerate of others when he/she smokes I could care less.

Alcohol is the same note. Drinking and operating any machinery is a definite no-no though. And if a guy gets drunk and gets in a fight and busts somebody up, then he will face the consequences of his action. Banning any use of alcohol because one person ****s up is like confiscating and crushing all Corvettes because the police found a guy using stolen parts on his Vette.

Another note worth making is that I don't have any opinion on marijuana. It isn't really that harmful, it doesn't inspire extreme violence (from what I've seen). But as long as it is illegal and I am barred by law from using it, and have to take a test for it, then everyone should. Especially gov't employees and those living off welfare and anything else my tax money touches.

I don't feel the need to use any of the above since I feel that any addiction is a weakness. But I'll be damned if I'm supposed to live in a double standard and like it. So I agree with you on the last line for anything already illegal.

Back