• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Happy 4th of July!

2Vettes

Here's wishing everyone a safe, happy 4th :thumbsup: There will be lots of BBQ's and fireworks !
fireworks2cp.gif
fourth_rockets_lg_blk.gif

Happy 4th of July everyone. I unfortunately have to work tonight and tomorrow night. So the only fireworks I'll see is when I'm driving to work.

Rich, that's another think I would mind getting some snap shots of. Fireworks displays.

Scott

Our club drives in the Pine Island 4th of July parade (it's fun decorating the cars) then we're having a picnic at our presidents house. Nice way to spend the day.
Scott, yuck, night shift :ack2:

MADN3SS said:
Happy 4th of July everyone. I unfortunately have to work tonight and tomorrow night. So the only fireworks I'll see is when I'm driving to work.

Rich, that's another think I would mind getting some snap shots of. Fireworks displays.

Scott

You will need a camera that allows you to hold the shutter open. In the old 35mm days, it was known as the "bulb" setting. I have NO idea what it means, but that's what it does. It takes a lot of trial and error, which with the new digital cameras should be real easy to zero in on. With the 35 mm, I used to have to snap several rolls of film, trying multiple exposures, and just hope that at least some of them would turn out decent. But at least fireworks are more predictable where the action is going to be then lightning is.

BTW, try to get something else in the frame with the fireworks shots. Maybe a palm tree in the foreground or the moon in the background. Makes the shot a WHOLE lot more interesting.

Scott, try a slow shutter speed, a high speed film (800 or better) and a tripod for some great shots at night.

Back