• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

New Argent Motorsport Wheels

MADN3SS

I love the look of these new wheels. I've included the link to the ebay auction.

14266argentmotorsport1.jpg

14266argentmotorsport2.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-9...ryZ43958QQihZ017QQitemZ270002989871QQtcZphoto

Man, I am getting seriously lazy in my old age. I will look at snazy looking new wheels and the first thought that comes to mind is "Man, I bet they are a real b!tch to clean!" If I have to use Q-tips to clean the wheels, I don't want 'em. :rolleyes:

Some of the prices are pretty outrageous, too. Could buy a hell of a lot of performance goodies for that money.

Rich, these are really cheap compared to most other wheels. They're only $580 for all 4, shipping included. They do weigh a bit more though.

The stock Goodyear F1 SuperCar tires are about $1400 for all four tires...just the tires! I bought my black Motorsport wheels and BF Goodrich tires had them mounted and balanced and it only cost me $1380 or so.

I thought they would be tough to clean also. I use Eagle One All Wheel Tire Cleaner. Spray on, hose off. Maybe a little agitation if needed. Then I soap 'em down when I washing the car. Nice and clean. Then I use my air compressor to blow the water out of each little rivet. No problems at all.

Scott

When I got my Z and then later on found out the guy I got it from had switched out the Z06 wheels and put on regular C5 wheels, I had to not only buy new tires (bald with threads showing on the front) but I had to buy new wheels as well. Couldn't see the sense of buying new smaller tires that would fit on those wrong rims. I wound up getting GM wheels that had been aftermarket chromed and Michelin tires. I forget what it all came to but it wasn't real cheap. I would rather have gotten the machined polished wheels, but I just couldn't find a set of them in a hurry. I guess if the chrome ever starts giving me problems on my current wheels, I will then look for the machined wheels, but at least I won't be in panic mode trying to find them.

It was killing me to have just brought home my Z06 and could not drive it because the front tires were dangerously thread bare. It would be like having your parents tell you when you were a kid that Christmas was going to be delayed for a week. :ack2:

But this style of wheel is rather easy to clean up and I am certainly happy with the way they look. The chrome spokes do really catch the eye...

Just going through some old posts and saw this one about the Z06 wheels. I upgraded my 87 and went from 16 inch to the Black Motorsport 17 inch Z06 wheels about a month ago. I got them in the correct offset for the 84-87 Vettes from LakeShore Wheel & Tire company with new BF Goodrich G Force Sport tires. Didn't need any spacers and they came mounted and balenced right to my door for $1300.

NewBrakes005.jpg

Last week I upgraded the rotors and pads to drilled and slotted with Hawk Performance Kevlar pads. Both rotors & pads were from eBay.

NewBrakes007.jpg

Yeah, man! I think the slotted and drilled rotors just look REALLY nice. Just looks really good through the spokes of the wheels.

Yeah, I love my slotted and drilled rotors. I won't go back. Next time I will make sure to get rotors that are zinc coated so they don't rust everytime I wash the car!

MADN3SS said:
Yeah, I love my slotted and drilled rotors. I won't go back. Next time I will make sure to get rotors that are zinc coated so they don't rust everytime I wash the car!

Yep, One of the things that I looked for was the "Zinc Coating" in the eBay advertizement. So far so good on the rusting. I also went for "Low Dust" on the Hawk/Kevlar brake pads.

I went with the Baer rotors, which are zinc coated, and quite honestly I do have some slight rust showing up on the hubs of the rotors. You will ALWAYS get rust on the portion of the rotors where the pads contact it as the zinc coating doesn't last very long there. But the pads remove the rust pretty quickly when you take it for a drive.

I guess you could always oil the rotors to keep them from rusting... :rofl1:

I'll probably go with Baer when the time comes. I think the ones that I have on there (from when I bought it) are the GM high performance rotors. Don't know much about them.

Back