• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

pitfalls of car repainting

juiczxc

Hi!
Guys, who can say me what are the main pitfalls when repainting the car. Surely, I understand that without certain skills and background it can be very difficult. But I want to learn it and practice on my bike frame at first. If you have any car painting skills please recommend me the tools? What air compressors are good now? And the spray gun..
Thanks

This could actually be an interesting topic. I've practiced with little things using rattle cans, and done a fairly decent job that way, but yeah, wouldn't mind having and being able to use professional equipment myself.

:thumbsup:

painting is only as good as the prep. if it sucks under the paint, it will show. you can look here in the paint and body section to see some of the things i have done. you can get automotive paint in an aerosol can.

This could actually be an interesting topic. I've practiced with little things using rattle cans, and done a fairly decent job that way, but yeah, wouldn't mind having and being able to use professional equipment myself.

:thumbsup:

What paint did you take? I remember that 2 years ago i repainted the wheel rims on my vehicle with the ordinary spray paint, i do not remember exactly but it was the Krylon. https://www.mrosupply.com/paint-painting-supplies/spray-paint/1386194_k07908000_krylon/
The paint started cracking later. Maybe my mistake was that I put 4 coats there. Now, I'm looking for good tools for repainting things in the garage.

krylon is an oil based paint. i get my automotive paint from my local carquest or automotive paint supplier. you give them the paint code and they mix it up. they have a two part clear in a can that is great.

Back