• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Autozone is 100% anti-gun

Cor66Vette

I read an NRA email about an Autozone employee who saved the life of his store manager when he held a would-be robber at gunpoint waiting for police to arrive. By time the cops arrived the perp decided to make a run for it. He did manage to get away and no shots were fired. The manager thanked his subordinate for saving his life and two days after this happened, the hero was fired by Autozone quoting a company policy of zero tolerance regarding guns.

Pep Boys, O'Reillys, Napa -any place other than Autozone -until one of them espouses the same views towards firearms.

Can you cut and paste that email or a link here? I would like to copy that to them when I unsubscribe from their email solicitations.

Yeah, they'll not be seeing me entering one of their stores. Now that it is public knowledge that their employees cannot defend against armed robbers, or they will lose their job, why the heck do I want to put myself in the position of being in a "criminal friendly" environment? Heck, no customers, no money in the cash register, then no reason for criminals to go there. I'm looking at this as a public service to Autozone.

Even though they said that there is a company policy prohibiting an EMPLOYEE from having a weapon inside the store, I still won't go there.

Back