• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Seat Question

Guardian Angel

I am new to the forum and appreciate your input. I tried searching this forum but did not see an answer. My driver power seat in my standard 2001 is not moving forward and is stuck almost in the most farthest position, so I'm driving with a pillow behind my back and towels so I can reach the gas pedal :) When I press the power seat forward button, it will move up slightly but only the right side of the seat. My husband removed the seat and saw that there is a long pin looking piece on the left side of the seat that snapped which explains why the left side is not moving. I also have tears on the bottom portion of the seat which cannot be repaired. Does anyone know if I need to replace the entire seat or if a part will fix this problem? Also, if I don't need to purchase an entire new seat, can the bottom half of the seat be replaced or reupholstered? If so, where is best place to purchase new skin or bottom half of seat. Can anyone recommend an upholsterer in the Southwest Florida area if I end up needing to reupholster? Seat is tan and think color is called light oak. Thanks so much!

Seat repair in Titusville

Corvette Interiors in Titusville does seats. Ron Wood, the owner, can repair just about everything with a seat. He, along with an Eckler's engineer, also developed the fix for C5 seats that 'travel' on thier own. Call him at 321-269-3887.

Back