The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 06-30-2021, 07:26 PM   #781
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

Scamp is a grouper. Most of the bigger 1's are in 250ft or deeper.

.60" of rain today.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2021, 08:10 PM   #782
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Connie gets them at MyWay Seafood in Panacea on occasion. She says they don't show up very often.

Well they finished putting the underlayment down on the roof today. They had to replace two sections of the wooden decking at the porch roof that rotted out. Damn miracle we didn't get any rain at all while the decking was exposed. I watched storms go around us on the weather radar as well as some bearing down on us that just evaporated. Murphy's Law must have been away on vacation. We did get a sprinkle right around 7am, that just barely registered on the gauge at 0.01".

They should start putting on the new metal tomorrow.

BTW, I measured the metal that came off of the roof and it was 29 gauge, at best. I'm not sure the 30 gauge slot is accurate on that tool I got. The new metal is supposed to be 24 gauge.

I'm not too sure about the underlayment they used. It's really thin. Lake sheet of paper thin. It will certainly block moisture, but as to it being any sort of heat block or insulator, I sincerely doubt that.
Unread 07-02-2021, 06:37 AM   #783
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Had .50" Thurs and so far .40" today.
Unread 07-02-2021, 09:55 AM   #784
Rich Z

Well, our luck ran out today on the roofing job. Raining like hell right now. The roofers are all huddled on the porch and under the car port. Radar is showing multiple storm cells headed this way from the west.

Oh well.....
Unread 07-03-2021, 12:17 AM   #785
Rich Z

Yeah, we got 0.74" of rain on Friday, so they didn't get as much done as hoped. They actually had two crews working on the roof instead of just one, and still didn't get all that much done. They knocked off around 2:30 when it started raining yet again, and called it a day.

They are supposed to come out again on Saturday, but the weather forecast doesn't look all that good.

They have been putting the old ridge covers to keep rain from running under the metal panels, but I'm not sure what good that is since the underlayment had to be wet when panels were put on today. Not sure if this is going to mean long term problems. But I guess as long as the problems show up after Connie and I are dead and gone, who cares?
Unread 07-03-2021, 01:59 PM   #786
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I think the best tasting fish I have ever had was cobia. Only had it one time, so maybe it was a fluke. Seems to be pretty tough to come by.
The best tasting fish I ever had was when Angelo Petrandis was trying out a new recipe at his restaurant. It was Wahoo and he used some Greek seasoning on it. Cut into two inch steaks. Me and another deputy went to see him on a Saturday night around closing time and he told me to try it and see what I thought. The absolute best!
Unread 07-03-2021, 02:06 PM   #787
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASZ51 View Post
Odd to see yellow tail that far north. They are bright yellow. We get what i call pink porgies or called rose or red porgies. They are the best eating fish of all to me.
Well whatever it was looked just like the Red Snapper but was a pinker color. Couldn't tell any difference when I filleted them. We watched them on the fish finder but they didn't care for our frozen shrimp at first but when they started biting it was on. We used double rigs and would set the hook on the first bite, count to three and set it again. Only missed having doubles three or four times doing it that way. 80 feet is a long way down when they're biting that good. And then they stopped biting just like they started. Boom! They were done.
Unread 07-03-2021, 03:59 PM   #788
Rich Z

Well, the weather started out surprisingly good today, and the roofing company went all out send in around 13 people to try to get this job done. They ALMOST got it done before the sky opened up and it poured rain around 3:00pm. Still have two remaining small pieces to put in place. One of the guys said he will come out either tomorrow or Monday to finish up for us.

We got 0.66" of rain, which doesn't sound like much, but that was all within a half hour. Looks like we may have more storms training in from the West throughout the evening hours.
Unread 07-03-2021, 04:08 PM   #789
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
The best tasting fish I ever had was when Angelo Petrandis was trying out a new recipe at his restaurant. It was Wahoo and he used some Greek seasoning on it. Cut into two inch steaks. Me and another deputy went to see him on a Saturday night around closing time and he told me to try it and see what I thought. The absolute best!
I think Connie and I have only been to Angelo's once or twice since we have been down here. Throughout the years when we had the reptile business, quite a few of the young kids we hired to help us out worked at Angelo's at one time or another. ALL of them told us to stay away from the place. They generally worked in the kitchen and they said we would not believe some of the things that were served to customers. So we heeded their advice.

Actually, since Hutton's was bought out by someone else, we are at a loss for a good seafood restaurant around here to go to any longer. That is, if it weren't for the COVID thing and us avoiding public places as much as possible.

I can't say I have ever had wahoo before, but I would give it a try if the opportunity ever presents itself.
Unread 07-03-2021, 05:47 PM   #790
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Had around 2" the last two days.