• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Possible hurricane (Ian) - 2022

Aaaarrgghhh... Now the forecast is showing it swinging back further west and targeting Crawfordville again..... :face_palm_02:

Attachments

• hurricane_09202022_0345pm.JPG
    hurricane_09202022_0345pm.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 165
Well, the impact point estimate has moved further west. But damn, Mexico Beach certainly doesn't need an encore....

Attachments

• hurricane_09202022_0813pm.JPG
    hurricane_09202022_0813pm.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 149
Yeah, the latest GFS forecast track is showing landfall at Mobile Bay on Sunday morning 10-02-2022. So I am expecting the models to change several times per day.

I guess it helps keep viewers coming back to their websites to check on things frequently... :rolleyes:

Two of the models on Ventusky are showing the storm moving up the east coast of Florida. The other two, coming into the Gulf. So toss a coin, I guess. :shrug01:

Looks like i will get something out of this. Gonna start making block ice to save the meat if the power goes out and get stuff ready on Sun.

Yeah, and I'm about 75 miles north of Rich so I'm watching this too. not to mention my Wednesday night/Thursday morning route goes straight down 75 to I-4 and west to Lakeland!

I've been watching the predicted landfall point moving all over the place. And it depends on which of the models you choose to look at. Ventusky tends to default to GFS, so that is the one I have been watching the closest. Right now it looks like they are calling for it to come right through Crawfordville. :ack2:

But I did find a prediction that really seems to be the most accurate of them all. :hehehe:

Attachments

• hurricane_prediction_image.jpg
    hurricane_prediction_image.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 68
Back