• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

C4 Temperture

alyssa4039

I have a 95 C4, what's the average temperture that car should show. Is it normal for the gauge to fluctuate?

I,m averaging about 203 without the AC on.

Mine usually hovers around 180. If I sit in heavy traffic it'll get up to 210, but quickly drops below the 200 mark when I start moving. This is on an 87 L98 with the AC on and pretty much regardless of my driving habits.

Hope this helps?

temperature

200 to 210 average moving, heavy traffic it rise to 230 my is an 80 automatic

95 LT1, 200*- 238* is normal,factory settings kicks on the primary cooling fan on at 226 unless the A/C is running,and then it runs all the time!! The secondary cooling kicks on when the primary is on with A/C running below 55 MPH,or if the engine temp exceeds 235*!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, I'm on point then. GMjunkie described it to a tee!

Is it normal for the LT1 to give like a sucking sound (with a slight noise) when the engine is turned off? I'm getting that.

Mine usually hovers around 180. If I sit in heavy traffic it'll get up to 210, but quickly drops below the 200 mark when I start moving. This is on an 87 L98 with the AC on and pretty much regardless of my driving habits.

Hope this helps?

Sounds like you are runing nice and cool. Do you have a 160 tstat.

Thanks, I'm on point then. GMjunkie described it to a tee!

Is it normal for the LT1 to give like a sucking sound (with a slight noise) when the engine is turned off? I'm getting that.
Thats probly the A/C equalizing pressure between the Low side and High side thou the orifice tube after shut down!! Some 134A systems do it and some don't,more prevalent on94,95, GM models!!(First years for 134A!!) GM changed the orifice tube and it's not as noticeable or non-existent!!Don't worry about it,if your air does crap out some-day,have the shop put in a Ford Blue or a Smart Tube (Variable Orifice) while there doing the work!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back