• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Brake pads

Guro305

Heathen
I was looking through a specialty shops website and noticed they had Z06 brake pads as an upgrade/mod. Do Z06 brake pads fit on a base model C5? What is the difference between the Z06 brake pads and the standard ones?

I have no idea, but if you don't track your car, Hawk HPS, is you do street and track, Hawk HPS Plus.... only way to go.

The C5 Z06 pads are much more aggressive and dustier. All C5's have the same brake calipers and the pads are interchangeable. On my Z06 I installed the AC Delco Ceramic pads. Love them. No dust and no noise. Not for racing.:thumbsup:

Melsy said:
The C5 Z06 pads are much more aggressive and dustier. All C5's have the same brake calipers and the pads are interchangeable. On my Z06 I installed the AC Delco Ceramic pads. Love them. No dust and no noise. Not for racing.:thumbsup:

I agree. I've had ceramic pads on my Z now for a couple of years and so far so good. There's not much difference in performance during everyday street driving.:thumbsup:

Yeah, I don't race except for the occasional moron at the light, but other then that, I don't race. I was just curious as to what the difference was.

Also, where did you get the ACDelco pads? I tried looking them up at Autozone and Advance and neither one has them.:mad:

I bought the HPS pads when I had my brakes replaced and no complaints about them. But I don't push them hard, either.

MIGHT BE OF SOME HELP!!

THESE GUYS WERE AT OUR ULTIMATE CORVETTE PARTY...THEY ARE IN CLEARWATER....HERE'S THE WEBSITE:
:0)
http://www.vbandp.com/
THEY SEEMED TO KNOW ALOT AND SAID WE CAN CALL THEM WITH QUESTIONS ON BRAKES OR PADS ETC.
I TRIED TO GET THEM TO JOIN US HERE ALSO..RICH NEEDS TO TALK AT THEM.:toetap05:

JIM KILL said:
I TRIED TO GET THEM TO JOIN US HERE ALSO..RICH NEEDS TO TALK AT THEM.:toetap05:

Yeah I know....... A salesman, I am not......... :shrug01:

Guro305 said:
Also, where did you get the ACDelco pads? I tried looking them up at Autozone and Advance and neither one has them.:mad:

I got mine through GMPARTSDIRECT.COM Parts #'s are 88909667 and 88909668. They were so cheap I bought an extra set.

Back