• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Cooler nights coming

Forecast for Sunday night is 34 degrees on one site, and 36 degrees on the other. We are normally a few degrees colder than those forecasts.

So yeah, that will be just great. Some of our citrus trees are trying to recover from that Christmas freeze by putting out new growth where they can, and we will have this cold spell come through and kill off that new growth.

I guess 2023 is not going to be any better than 2022 was. And I really didn't, nor don't, have high hopes anyway.

Well, Connie's lemon trees certainly didn't appreciate the cold this past Christmas....

Attachments

• lemon_trees_01.jpg
    lemon_trees_01.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 122
  • lemon_trees_02.jpg
    lemon_trees_02.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 135
  • lemon_trees_03.jpg
    lemon_trees_03.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 120
  • lemon_trees_04.jpg
    lemon_trees_04.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 125
And the youngest of our pumelo trees got smacked really hard, then started showing this phenomenon. I have NO idea what is going on with this. But it certainly can't be good.

Attachments

• citrus_tree_hair_01.jpg
    citrus_tree_hair_01.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 136
  • citrus_tree_hair_02.jpg
    citrus_tree_hair_02.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 116
  • citrus_tree_hair_03.jpg
    citrus_tree_hair_03.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 116
  • citrus_tree_hair_04.jpg
    citrus_tree_hair_04.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 132
Greening sickness killed everything where i live back in 05. Not one tree left in my hood. Shocked it has not killed your tree's.

Ah yeah, the citrus greening disease. And yet another "gift" from our Asian "friends". Most people don't realize that biological warfare has been going on for quite a long time. IMHO.

According to the weather station sensor, it got down to 30.4 degrees here last night. It is 11:00 pm and down to 37.6 already.

Gotta love this global warming stuff......

Overnight low was 29.8 degrees last night. :ack2:

Quite a far cry from the 37 degree low they were predicting.

Back