• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

New

Zach

Nice site! My name is Zach, I'm from Naples, FL, and currently drive an Audi TT. I'm soon going to be selling my car and buying a 2002 black on black Z06. Can't wait!

I run another Florida car website called www.FloridaCarClub.com, check it out if you'd like - we don't have very many Vettes on the board!

Do you guys have any meets in FL?

Hey Zack. Welcome to the site. Black Z06s look really sharp. That was top on my list when I was looking, but I came up with an Electron Blue instead. Not complaining, and actually now my tastes have changed....... :D

Take some pics when you get it.

Welcome Zach, good to have you on board. The Z is a great car and I hope you're as excited about your impending purchase as I was. It is truly unique and a blast to drive. Stick around here and you'll learn lots about the car, as I do!
I'll visit your site tonight. I believe I've heard about it or been pointed in that direction before. I look forward to visiting..........Tom

Thanks for the warm welcome

Believe it or not I am debating against:

- Electron Blue
- Black

- Red Interior
- Black

- Regular Wheeels
- Chrome

Choices choices :D Very excited though...I think I might get black/black with chrome wheels. Normally I'm not crazy about chrome wheels but on a Z06 they looks great :cool: Nice to meet you both

Yeah I went through that same decision about chrome wheels. But man, they look SWEEEEET with EB!

z06_02.jpg

I can't imagine black looking worse, so GO for it.

Your car looks GREAT! :) I think I'll definitely go with the chrome wheels.

Did you get the black or red interior?

When I went looking for my second Z, I was surprised at how many Black Z's there were in Florida!

With all the sun and heat I think black would be the last color I would buy, but thats me.

Good luck on your quest and welcome to the site.

Zach said:
Your car looks GREAT! :) I think I'll definitely go with the chrome wheels.

Did you get the black or red interior?

Thanks. Black interior. I don't think I would have liked a red interior in that car.

Oh, one word of advice when you get your Z. DON'T slick up the dashboard area under the windshield with any sort of shine enhancers. First time you get the sun glaring through the windshield and off of the shiny surface it will about blind you. And the glare on the inside of the windshield will definitely give you some road visibility problems. The angle of the windshield and the dashboard makes this a real problem. I learned that one from experience.... :rolleyes:

But if you do get a car that already has the dash shiny (I've seen MANY vettes on Ebay that the dealership will do something like that) you can clean it off pretty effectively with a good scrubbing with Simple Green.

I'd have to rank Quick or Machine Silver first, then Electron Blue. I love the Black, but it is such a pain to take care of. I have to admit, I'm not usually a fan on White or Yellow (Sorry Ivo, Jack), but I do like them on Vettes, especially Z06's.

I agree with Rich on the whole dash board thing. It really glares!

Welcome to the site. Post some pictures when you get it. :thumbsup:

Scott

Attachments

• DSC02366.JPG
    DSC02366.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 2,614
Nice Quicksilver, love the Motorsports on it! I'd consider silver, but my current car is Green and my last one was Silver so I wanted something different :)

Thanks again...we should have a meet sometime. I know a bunch of people from Florida Car Club who will show. Let's arrange something :)

Thanks Zach. When do you plan on purchasing your Z? If it is before July, several of us are going to the Z06Fest in Bowling Green, Ky. If I remember correctly, there is somebody who will be starting a caravan of Z's from Naples. If you get your Z, you should go. It'll be my first one. This year is the 5th annual Fest. There is drag racing, drinking, auto xing, drinking, an HPDE, banquets, drinking, seminars, BBQ's, drinking, a run through the countryside to the Maker's Mark distillery, drinking, a tour of the Corvette assembly plant, the National Corvette Museum and some more drinking. I don't think I left anything out. Anyway, should be a whole lotta fun.

Scott :drink4:

MADN3SS said:
Thanks Zach. When do you plan on purchasing your Z? If it is before July, several of us are going to the Z06Fest in Bowling Green, Ky. If I remember correctly, there is somebody who will be starting a caravan of Z's from Naples. If you get your Z, you should go. It'll be my first one. This year is the 5th annual Fest. There is drag racing, drinking, auto xing, drinking, an HPDE, banquets, drinking, seminars, BBQ's, drinking, a run through the countryside to the Maker's Mark distillery, drinking, a tour of the Corvette assembly plant, the National Corvette Museum and some more drinking. I don't think I left anything out. Anyway, should be a whole lotta fun.

Scott :drink4:

The person who may start a caravan from Naples is me (I'm pastapuck on Z06vette.com). :)

Hopefully I'll have my Z by then...shooting for late June, early July. I might be heading up...I'll shoot for it, it depends what my schedule looks like during that month. I'd sure like to though.

So what's the occasion for getting your Z at that time? Birthday? New Job? Salary increase? Won the lottery? Or is there one in mind that you have your eye on that just won't be available until then?

Rich Z said:
So what's the occasion for getting your Z at that time? Birthday? New Job? Salary increase? Won the lottery? Or is there one in mind that you have your eye on that just won't be available until then?

Treating myself to a nice birthday present...and higher insurance! :willy_nilly: :icon_cheers:

Well congrats! I got mine as a celebration of the mid-life crisis that I somehow missed combined with a second childhood. My wife thinks it's a mid-life crisis thing, but I told here that is preposterous. No WAY I'm going to live to be 110, so it CAN'T be mid-life crisis. Maybe END-life crisis would be more like it!

Rich Z said:
Well congrats! I got mine as a celebration of the mid-life crisis that I somehow missed combined with a second childhood. My wife thinks it's a mid-life crisis thing, but I told here that is preposterous. No WAY I'm going to live to be 110, so it CAN'T be mid-life crisis. Maybe END-life crisis would be more like it!

Thank you bud :lmao: :thankyou2:

(I really am taking a liking to these smilies!)

Back