The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 05-29-2022, 04:05 PM   #981
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

We used Window World. They sell an excellent product, no question though, they're not cheap. Thick vinyl frames and heat reflective double pane glass. But we also got a quote from Home Depot who had a similar window.

I told the Window World salesman that we were getting a quote from HD after he had already given me his quote and he told me that his would be $8K-$10K less. And he was right. Actually HD wanted $37K for theirs.

It takes about 3 or 4 months to get the windows installed after they measure and order them. The crew of four showed up on a Monday and they were done on Wednesday. 48 windows replaced, $24K! The did excellent work and cleaned up after themselves each day. Lifetime transferrable warranty too.
Unread 05-29-2022, 04:22 PM   #982
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah, someday. But not a priority right now. If the worst happens and Connie passes away, I will likely have to sell this place. I can't maintain it on my own.
Unread 05-29-2022, 07:21 PM   #983
85vette

Name :

Cancer treatment has come a long way my friend. We are praying for you two that she can kick this thing to the curb. I pray to an awesome God, He can do anything! All you need is faith!
Unread 05-30-2022, 07:28 AM   #984
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
Since (I assume) you already have ductwork wouldn't just replacing the existing system be less expensive? I just replaced the upstairs system on my house along with new ductwork to the tune of nearly $14K.

I had both downstairs units replaced (outside units and inside air handlers) for $12K for both but the guy that did the lower floor units retired before I could get him to do the upstairs. And being up here in the boonies of southwest Georgia there's not a plethora of choices when it comes to A/C installers but I will say that both companies did an excellent job. Spent another $24K on all new windows so I'm sure that had a bearing on the low electric bill too as the old windows were the originals from 1970. Huge difference!

Gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised but the electric bill has not hit $200 yet and this house is 4600+ sq/ft. Curious what July and August bills will be like.
REPLACED IT ALL 8 YEARS AGO. Been nothing but a POS since. 3 blower motors or something goes wrong every year.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2022, 01:10 PM   #985
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
Cancer treatment has come a long way my friend. We are praying for you two that she can kick this thing to the curb. I pray to an awesome God, He can do anything! All you need is faith!
Yeah. To add insult to injury, I had a heart attack this past Monday. I don't know how many people at the hospital told me I was extremely lucky to still be alive.

Just what I needed, to be placing more stress on Connie worrying about me.
Unread 06-02-2022, 11:35 PM   #986
85vette

Name :

Wow! That's a major thing! Have you been having issues?
Unread 06-03-2022, 12:35 AM   #987
Rich Z

Not really. Of course, every now and again would get pains, but short in duration and could be anywhere. So a chest pain wouldn't be unexpected.

They found that my right coronary artery was nearly 100% blocked. So they put a stent in to open it up. How the hell they got to my heart from an artery in my right wrist I will never understand. My left coronary artery is 60% blocked. A cardiologist told me that a third of the people with this sort of condition die in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. So yeah, I was lucky.

They only did the right artery this time around, and planning on the left one in 5 or 6 weeks. I was reading up on this and found that blockages with the left artery are commonly referred to by people in the business as "the widow maker." Well, lovely...

Interestingly enough, I was told that I have an unusual heart. Only 15 percent of the people on earth have the type of heart that I have. Not sure if that is good or bad, as she did not comment.

Of course, Connie feels like she watched me die on Monday, as I had just barely made it into the recliner and my head went back into the chair. She said my pupils dilated so much that she could no longer see my blue irises. They were just deep black holes. Then my eyes rolled up onto my head, and I am sure she thought she had just watched me die right in front of her. I know how I would have felt watching her do that. But she grabbed the phone immediately and dialed 911. Those guys got out here extremely quickly, and it is quite probable that this saved my life.

Weird thing is that I spent several hours on Sunday installing a post for the new mailbox, and was using a post hole digger to sink a 56 inch hole. The post hole digger was only slightly taller than that, and it really was a killer (almost figuratively). I took breaks often as the heart was beating pretty hard and I was sweating like crazy. I had to wear long pants and a long sleeve shirt to keep the yellow flies at bay. Probably a good thing the heart attack didn't strike then, because Connie wouldn't have known, and no telling I would have been laying out there before she walked down the driveway to check on me. Probably by then, far too late.

And here I was thinking that 2022 couldn't possibly be worse than 2021.
Unread 06-03-2022, 09:32 AM   #988
85vette

Name :

None of us are getting any younger Rich. Might be time to re-evaluate life style. Don't let that place kill you with all the upkeep it needs. I'm not far behind you in years. I know it's coming. Glad you're still with us.
Unread 06-04-2022, 08:05 AM   #989
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

Need to go to a good heart DOC and see what is going on.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2022, 08:17 AM   #990
Rich Z

I believe they have done that. A stent was put into my right coronary artery because it was nearly 100% blocked. In 5 to 6 weeks I need to have another stent placed in my left coronary artery because that one is 60% blocked.

I saw at least 3 cardiologists while I was at the hospital.

This all is WAY off topic in a thread entitled "Rain today", but talk about life throwing some real "rainy days" my way...