• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

headlamp gear replacement

my headlamp gear is grinding. got the replacement gear, the directions are calling for the assemBly to Be glued Back together with "methacrylate" epoxy. anyone know where i can get that? i cant find much info on it online.

only 2 part epoxy i know of is j.b. weld and im somewhat hesitant to use it because the assembly would never come apart after that.

just took the motor out and i lucked out. mine has 3 screws holding it together (late 2000+). that seems to me better then trying to epoxy it together. also when i was trying to get the motor out (im doing to driver side) i took 1 screw out of the left side of the headlamp and loosend the right 2. it allowed me to swing the headlamp out enough to easily take the motor out. once i opened the case i found the rubber piece to be in a million pieces. i can only assume this is a dealer item.

Last edited:
Back