• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

HCSO Deputy killed

329of1k

For those of you who may not know and are not from the Tampa Bay area, Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office lost a veteran of their force at approx. 1:30 AM this morning.
Deputy Ron Harrison was sitting at a traffic light when a truck pulled up beside him and opened fire. Apparently Deputy Harrison attempted to drive himself to a very nearby hospital but due to his injuries was unable to make it there. It is said that he took 2 bullets to the left side of his chest and his injuries were lethal and he only had moments to live.
HCSO made contact with the shooter and eventually ended up using snipers to end the stand off and the shooter's life.
When all is said and done HCSO lost a great law enforcement officer as did the community he served.
Being a firefighter/paramedic in Hillsborough County makes this difficult as we work closely with all law enforcement agencies and feel their loss and pain.
Please, if you pray, do so for the family and HCSO family as they are in extreme grief on this very sad day.

My God, this is awful. I will keep Ron, his family and the HCSO family in my prayers. My son is a LEO and I pray that he gets home safely every day.

3 Deputy's in Florida in the last week or two . My heart goes out to their family's.It a terrible thing to loose any of our Law enforcement officers.

From certain accounts, the POS that shot Ron was spouting off Aryan brotherhood rhetoric......

I've known Ron since he was a rookie here. We worked together, trained together, fought together and bitched together.

He was a good troop:thumbsup:

Never worked for him but I recall when he left and returned. He has worked for everything he's achieved:thumbsup:

Even now, when I saw him last, he was still the same old Ron...still waiting to retire......

God bless you my friend...you've served well and earned your untimely rest.

If there's any good to this, it's the POS that shot him will never see a court date!!! Now THATS justice:thumbsup: :icon_cheers:

RIP my friend...RIP
:usa_flag: :usa_flag:

Gregg Tool said:
3 Deputy's in Florida in the last week or two . My heart goes out to their family's.It a terrible thing to loose any of our Law enforcement officers.

Yep, one of my buddies works for PBSO and wored the traffic detail for the Broward Sgts. funeral.

That was such a waste:( He had backup coming....and didn't wait...:(

The other one, also in Broward, turned his back on a violator who just happened to be operating a stolen vehicle.

As of today, he has taken a turn for the worse...and we may be doing this all over again :(

Stay safe out there.....

Damn.... The only thing that fills my mind when I read stuff like this is "WHY?".....

one of our own

from the st pete times

"Harrison's neighbors in Brandon gathered Wednesday to talk about "the guy with the Corvette." That's how a lot of neighbors knew him, the friendly deputy frequently seen outside washing his black Corvette"

R.I.P

I wish the best the families of all of all these fallen guys! bless their hearts, that is so painful, These guys just do their job:confused:

I had no idea he was a Vette man. It's just not right.
Shadow, of course if there is anything I can do please don't hesitate to call me. I work for Temple Terrace Fire Dept. and can assist you if need be.

It made the Boston Herald today. What a waste! I'm glad, however that justice in this case was swift! RIP Sarge (hand salute).
Andy

So sorry...

to hear of this tragedy. :banghead:

One good thing comes of it however, and from the radio show of Neal Boortz, when the perp is killed...Neal gives the event the title of..."he or she, is Dead Right There (DRT)!!! For the cost of a 3 cent bullet, or however he/she meets their demise, the perp saves us all thousands ($)!

The family of the slain Officer will rebuild...God bless them!

nasajack said:
to hear of this tragedy. :banghead:

One good thing comes of it however, and from the radio show of Neal Boortz, when the perp is killed...Neal gives the event the title of..."he or she, is Dead Right There (DRT)!!! For the cost of a 3 cent bullet, or however he/she meets their demise, the perp saves us all thousands ($)!

Agree, but it's almost too merciful. I'm almost torn between what actually happened and "The trash should suffer and languish in prison awaiting death."

sglfladad said:
Agree, but it's almost too merciful. I'm almost torn between what actually happened and "The trash should suffer and languish in prison awaiting death."

Unfortuntately, it doesn't work that way. In the heirarchy of the prison system, cop killers are generally regarded as top shelf...looked up to by other inmates and taken care of.

If the prick were a child molester, then he's have to keep his back against the wall.

I'm glad he's dead. Cuts the recidivism down to -0-!!!

Back