• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

More NASCAR Rule Bending

C5Rick

From jaski.com; What do you think they'll get for a penalty if anything?

#24 and #48 pulled from practice, qualifying after failing inspection: NASCAR officials announced that #24-Jeff Gordon [points leader] and #48- Jimmie Johnson [3rd in points] will not be allowed to practice or qualify Friday after their cars failed the initial morning inspection at Infineon Raceway. The front fenders on both the #24 Chevy of Gordon and the #48 Chevy of Johnson had front fenders that were too wide. The cars did not fit the template for a Car of Tomorrow entry. Both drivers will have to start at the rear of the field for Sunday's Toyota/Save Mart 300 event on the 2-mile Infineon road course. Gordon, the season points leader, won at Infineon one year ago. His five victories at Sonoma are the most among active drivers. "Both teams have the opportunity to repair their primary cars and resubmit them for inspection," NASCAR spokesman Ramsey Poston said. "If they pass that inspection, they'll be allowed to practice on Saturday." Neither crew chief -- Steve Letarte for Gordon and Chad Knaus for Johnson -- has been suspended for this race. But additional penalties are likely for both drivers and crew chiefs next week. NASCAR officials have warned all teams that any violations involving the COT would results in severe punishment. The #8 Chevy team of driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. was penalized 100 points and crew chief Tony Eury Jr. was fined $100,000 when a pre-qualifying inspection at Darlington showed the brackets on the rear wing were modified out of regulation.(ESPN.com)(6-22-2007)

I'm sure they'll get something in line with what Jr. got if not more. NASCAR is making a point here.

As I understand the penalties will be announced on Tues.Possibly the drivers will miss a few races.Hendricks teams seam to have a little more problem with CHEATING than others.Not that others don't cheat.Come to think about it I don't ever remember JGR ever getting a penalty ,wow maybe they don't.

In the garage it's never called cheating. It may be implimenting alternate means to accomplish an objective, or even brandishing an opportunity to achieve a common balance, but NEVER let it be known as simply CHEATING!!!You could get in big trouble for that. Actually, they all do it (and have been for years)...some are just better at it than others! I remember years ago when they found a Sneaky Pete nitrous bottle under the back window in Richard Petty's car. I don't remember what the penalty was though.

Well penalties are handed down:
#24 & #48 Crew Chiefs have been fined $100,000.00.
Both crew chiefs are suspended for 6 races.
Rick Hendrick loses 100 owner points for the #24 car
Jeff Gordon loses 100 owner points for the #48 Car
No mention of a loss of driver points for either driver

I get my NASCAR stuff from jayski.com. I went back and reread the posting and it did mention the drivers points. I must have flew by it the first reading. :banghead:

vett boy said:
As I understand the penalties will be announced on Tues.Possibly the drivers will miss a few races.Hendricks teams seam to have a little more problem with CHEATING than others.Not that others don't cheat.Come to think about it I don't ever remember JGR ever getting a penalty ,wow maybe they don't.
Tony Stewarts car was taken and not allowed to race two years ago I think at a restrictor plate track. The problem was with the back window. I guess they ALL do it. I saw yesterday that they will have to rewrite the rules for next year to include the violation for the 24 and 48.

I don't remember NASCAR ever parking anyone for a penalty. (Except for when Kurt Busch gets off his meds) Not saying it never has happened, I just don't recall.

Such B S

quote of Associated Press story dated Saturday June 23. The quote is from Doug Duchardt, VP of development for Hendricks. "Our understanding is that our cars fit the template but that they were outside of what they would like to see within the templates". What the h*ll is that crap? Either they fit the template or not. NASCAR has gone off the wall. Total BS in my book
:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

It is getting a little out of hand. If you take the headlight and tail light decals off the car of tommorrow, you wouldn't be able to tell a Dodge from a Toyota from a Chevy. They're making it like IROC racing, NASCAR is just going to issue a car to each driver and seal the hood until the race.

naples said:

Tony Stewarts car was taken and not allowed to race two years ago I think at a restrictor plate track. The problem was with the back window. I guess they ALL do it. I saw yesterday that they will have to rewrite the rules for next year to include the violation for the 24 and 48.

Did you say "rewrite the rules"? does that imply that no violation of written rules (just perceived rules) occurred?

Kap142 said:
Did you say "rewrite the rules"? does that imply that no violation of written rules (just perceived rules) occurred?

I'm thinkin that's the way everybody at the Hendrick camp sees it too!:shrug01:

NASCAR is supposed to stand for North American Stock Car Auto Racing, but I DEFY you to show me ANYTHING stock about any of these cars. A REAR WHEEL DRIVE TAURUS WITH A CARBURATED 5.7 liter V8 :banghead: ???? Hardly a "Stock Car" in my book. For me personally, I bowed out of watching NASCAR after Dale Sr. died. He was all that kept me interested, and since he is gone................so am I!
Maybe this should be in Ray's Ranting Room????
Andy (who thinks that a "stock car" should BE a "stock car"):wavey:

navy2kcoupe said:
NASCAR is supposed to stand for North American Stock Car Auto Racing, but I DEFY you to show me ANYTHING stock about any of these cars. A REAR WHEEL DRIVE TAURUS WITH A CARBURATED 5.7 liter V8 :banghead: ???? Hardly a "Stock Car" in my book. For me personally, I bowed out of watching NASCAR after Dale Sr. died. He was all that kept me interested, and since he is gone................so am I!
Maybe this should be in Ray's Ranting Room????
Andy (who thinks that a "stock car" should BE a "stock car"):wavey:

If you stop and think about it...that would be entertaining!

Back